Anne Canella- Lowell Sub
As Anne gets to know all of you and work in your classrooms, she'd like to thank you for using her and share the information below as you consider your sub requests.
- Taught Second Grade in CCSD 93 for ten years
- Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from U of I
- Subbed in the district for the past six years
- Subfinder ID- 6133
- Phone number- 630 690-4182
- Cell- 630 877-6151
- E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
Kane County Cougars Reading Program
Please see below from Anne McDonald. We are pleased to offer this school-wide so that all students have the opportunity to participate!
The Kane County Cougars reading program will start next week. This program is an eight week program – begins Monday, Jan. 20 and ends March 7. I will need all students names from each classroom teacher by March 11 so that I can forward all the student information to the Cougars. Please forward the completed “Parent Verification Form” to me by March 11.
I will be putting information sheets and bookmarks in all the mailboxes of classroom teachers. Please make copies for your class. Because you can design the reading program to fit your goal for your students, you will need to fill in the reading goal that you would like your students to reach i.e. 20 minutes read each day, 10 pages read each day, 500 pages read, etc. That is why I did not make a class copy for your class as I knew each classroom teacher would decide the reading goal for their class. Please put the reading goal for your class on the middle line of “The Game Plan” sheet. Each classroom teacher will also have to put the Lowell School game date/time on the bottom of “The Game Plan” sheet – April 11, 2014 at 6:30pm and May 22, 2014 at 6:30 pm.
The purpose of this program is to encourage the students to read and to reach a goal as well as receiving the reward of the baseball game ticket, hot dog and drink, and a drawstring bag all provided by the Kane County Cougars in St. Charles, IL.
What is your one word?
This Week's Events
Monday, January 13
- 4th/5th grade talent show auditions w/Mrs. White in music room; Noon-12:30
- (Battle of the Books; LLC @ Lunch)
- (Green Club; 3:30-4:30 p.m. in LLC)
- Grade 3 F & P Training; 4:00- 5:30 p.m. at the Wheaton Community Center
Tuesday, January 14
- Kathy @ SSC for Elementary Principal meeting in a.m.
- 5th Grade Electricity In-school Field Trip- Uthe
- (Tutoring; 3:30-5 p.m. in LLC)
- (Daisy Troop; 3:30-5 p.m. in Art Room)
- Grade 1 F & P Training: 4:00- 5:30 p.m. at the Wheaton Community Center
- Tech committee meeting; 3:40-4:10 p.m. in the office conference room
Wednesday, January 15
- Shift Day- Today is a Friday
- Staff website training; 8:30 a.m. in LLC (Required meeting)
- 5th Grade Electricity In-school Field Trip
- Runathon rewards Chuck E. Cheese trip; 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- (Tutoring; 3:30-4:30 p.m. in LLC)
- Grade 2 F & P Training; 4:00- 5:30 p.m. at the Wheaton Community Center
- Engage 200; 7-9 p.m. @ Monroe
- (Tiger Scouts; 6-7:30 p.m. in gym)
Thursday, January 16
- 5th Grade Electricity In-school Field Trip
- Group yearbook pictures during the day
- IEP/Intervention Team/Inclusion meetings as scheduled
- Kindergarten F & P Training; 4:00- 5:30 p.m. at the Wheaton Community Center
Friday, January 17
- Teacher work day: Per district administration, required work day hours for full time teachers are 8:30-3:45 p.m.
- Cathy and Cindy at meeting in a.m.
Local Assessments/ F & P
Click here for F & P updates. Please note that every grade level has a tab at the bottom that is specific to your grade level to make this as easily understood as possible. You'll receive notification of what students are being benchmarked by someone other than you or a reading teacher prior to your Day 1. Please note there is also a tab that notes the days Reading Club is cancelled.
PTA Appreciation & Resources
Please keep in mind the following programs the PTA has to financially support teachers.
- Teacher wish list: Forms are in the office
- Teacher support money: $75 for full-time; $35 for part-time teachers (Receipts and reimbursement forms are available in the office.) Don't leave your money unused! This is not the same as district discretionary money.
Both of these programs can be used for classroom resources, supplies, field trips, or other instances in which you would ask parents to send in money. Please see Kathy with questions!
Tech Tips: Conference Opportunities for Students
Next Committee Meetings
Wellness Committee: TBD
Instructional Team: Tuesday, January 21 @ 8:30 (LLC); we'll connect online prior to that.
Behavior Task Force: January 27th; 1/2 day a.m.
Technology: Tuesday, January 14; 3:40-4:10 (Office conference room)
*Agendas will be linked above moving forward.
Calendars: Scheduling Events
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- Mondays until otherwise announced- 4th/5th talent show auditions w/Mrs. White in music room; noon-12:30
- Fridays until otherwise announced- talent shows in 4th/5th grade lunch; talent show team eats lunch with Mrs. White prior
- January 20-March 7- Kane County Cougars reading program
- January 21- F & P benchmarking begins at Lowell
- January 22- Caffeine & Curriculum postponed; STAFF MEETING INSTEAD
- January 23- PTA; 7-9 p.m.
- February 7: Assembly in A.M. (Rope Warrior; 9:45-10:30 (3-5); 10:45-11:30 (K-2) (Requires use of gym & multi-purpose room)
- February 14: Great America program logs due
- February 20: Cook's Night Out @ Chik-Fil-A
- February 25: Staff meeting w/Faith re: report card changes @ 8:30 a.m.
- February 28: Jamboree
- March 11: Kane County Reading parent verification forms due to Anne McDonald
- April 11: Kane County Cougars game
- May 3: Lowell 5K
- May 22: Kane County Cougars game
- June 3: Discovery Day
Interested in pursuing a grant? Read here about an opportunity for the Junior League of Kane and DuPage counties. The deadline for application is January 15.