Flores Class Chronicle - Week 28
April 4 - 8
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
Current Week's Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
- Red Specials Day
- Orange Specials Day
- Yellow Specials Day
- report cards sent home for students who don't receive them electronically
- Green Specials Day
- Blue Specials Day
Students may begin using iStation and Think Through Math at home. Passwords and information about these programs will be sent home this Wednesday.
SPRING CARNIVAL - THIS SATURDAY, APRIL 9TH - 2:00 - 6:00 PM
Wipe out Inflatable
Lots of new Carnival Games
Hair Painting & Nails
Mobile DJ & Photo Booth
Face Painting, Tattoos & Nail Art
Culin Karate Demo
Science with Mr. Jim
Silent Auction and Basket Raffle
Step Right Up and Order your Wristband
All-Access Carnival Wristbands are $15 for first and second wristband, and just $10 for the third and more. You can buy them now on the e-store and they will be delivered Wednesday, April 6 to classes. Each wristband comes with a carnival spirit stick, and a prize lanyard, which will be stamped after playing games, and then redeemed at the prize booth for prizes.
Raffle tickets are $1 for 1 ticket, or $20 for 25 tickets. Order ahead on our e-store so that you can fill them out at home. They can be purchased at the carnival, too. Take a look at some of the amazing baskets we'll have. There will be 40 baskets up for raffle, each donated by the parents of Reagan classes! You'll find the basket raffle in the MPR at the carnival. Be sure to get your tickets in the boxes of the baskets you hope to win by 5:30pm, which is the end of the raffle. You do not need to be present to win.
Around 65 local businesses have generously donated their goods to our auction! There are too many to list here, but you can find details with links to the businesses on our silent auction page. The auction will be located this year in the MPR. Be sure to write your bids down by the end of the auction at 5:30. You do not need to be present to win. If you win, you can pay by cash, credit card, or check at the carnival, or later when we contact you.
Food will be provided by these local food trucks:
Please help us make this year's carnival a success by signing up for one of the available slots. It looks like a long list of slots, but we've kept most of them to short time periods so that you can help out and have plenty of time left to enjoy the carnival. Sign up on ourvolunteer page, and THANK YOU!
Thank you to our Contributing Vendors and Sponsors!Dave Schara, State Farm Insurance
CARNIVAL DONATIONS BEGIN MONDAY, APRIL 4TH!
Each year the PTA asks for parents to donate needed items for the carnival. Donation collections start Monday, April 4th. Just drop yours off in the main Hallway anytime. Below is our requested items by grade level.
Any grade— Prize booth toys, Cake walk, and coolers with wheels.
Kindergarten– Water Bottles
1st grade-- Large Blow pop & Tootsie lollipops
2nd grade-- Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper cans
3rd grade-- Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi, Diet Dr. Pepper cans
4th grade-- Sprite and 7up cans
5th grade-- Sparkling water cans
Cake Walk Donations--Please drop off cupcakes, bagged cookies or brownies, or whole cakes to the community room either on Friday the 8th (preferred), or bring with you to the carnival on Saturday. If you can, please group cookies into groups of 4-6 and small cupcakes into groups of 3. Please be sure that all nut free and gluten free donations are store bought and clearly labeled.
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold.
- Wednesday 4/6 - report cards sent home
- Friday 4/15 - FIELD TRIP (Permission forms will go home on Wednesday, March 23rd)
- 4/22 - Earth Day
- Monday 4/25 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Wednesday 5/4 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade less than 70% in a subject
- Friday 5/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Dress like a STAR! (music, sport, TV - school dress code compliant, please :)
- Monday 5/9 - 4th Grade STAAR Math Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Tuesday 5/10 - 4th Grade STAAR Reading Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Monday 5/24 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Monday 5/30 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Friday 6/3 End of 4th 9 weeks - report cards sent home & Last Day of School - Have a GREAT summer!