overcoming the challenges they faced
The Beatles were a rock band made of four guys from Liverpool, England. The members included John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr.
Childhood and Early Life
George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Star and John Lennon
Forming the Band
Struggles they faced
The Beatles when they arrived in America at the Kennedy Airport
"When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life." -John Lennon. John said that whatever he was going to do later in life, he wanted it to make him happy.
- The Beatles were on the Ed Sullivan show for the first time in 1964, and about 73 million fans watched.
- They went on to play at sold out stadiums all over the world.
- Their first album, Please Please Me, topped the British trending music charts for over 30 weeks.
- They won 10 Grammy awards.
- They were considered the most popular band in the 1960's 1970's.
The Beatles performing on the Ed Sullivan show in 1964
- Paul was left handed and guitars were only made for right handed people, so he restrung his guitar for himself
- John Lennon was married to Cynthia Lennon then divorced and married Yoko Ono
- The band was called the Fab Four
- John Lennon was murdered on December 8, 1980
- George Harrison died on November 27, 2001 from oral cancer because of smoking
- Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are still living today
Acculturated. “The Beatles.” Photograph. Acculturated.
6 Jan. 2016. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.
Beatles Bible. “The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show.” Photograph. Beatles Bible.
9 Feb. 1964. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.
Billboard, ed. “The Beatles-Biography.” The Beatles-Biography. Billboard, 2016. Web. 15 Mar. 2016. <http://www.billboard.com/artist/383540/beatles/biography>.
Edgers, Geoff. Who Were the Beatles. N.p.: n.p., 2006. Print.
Group Members, ed. “The Beatles.” The Beatles. N.p., 2008. Web. 14 Mar. 2016. <http://people.cs.pitt.edu/~mehmud/cs134-2084/projects/Team2/lennon.html>.
Hergest Genealogy. “Ringo Starr.” Photograph. Hergest Genealogy.
9 Sept. 2012. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.
M., Rebecca. “John Lennon.” Photograph. Playbuzz
26 June 2015. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.
Mitsuk, Veronica. “George Harrison.” Photograph. Pinterest.
2015. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.
Steinmann, Jennifer. “Paul McCartney.” Photograph. Pinterest
2013. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.
Stoogypedia. “The Beatles.” Photograph. Geeks of Doom.
7 Feb. 2014. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.
The Beatles. “I Want to Hold Your Hand at Ed Sullivan Show.” Online Video Clip.
Youtube. Youtube, 18 Oct. 2011. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.
The Oral Cancer Foundation, ed. “George Harrison The Spiritual Beatle.” The Oral Cancer Foundation. The Oral Cancer Foundation, Mar. 2014. Web. 14 Mar. 2016. <http://oralcancerfoundation.org/people/george_harrison.php>.