Cause for outrage
How they protested:
Thousands of people gathered to protect him and riots broke out. Thousands of protesters died.
Another similar protest to the communist party took place in Bucharest. A child giving a solider a heart during the protest is pictured to the left.
Other protests took place between 17-20 December 1989.
The protests caused political unrest and secrets to come out leading to the downfall of the Ceausescu's communist rule and their capture.
The people finally got what they wanted.
- The communist president of Romania at the time
- Suppression of human rights in Timisoara caused outrage and possibly started the revolt
- Wife of Nicolae Ceausescu
- Known as his "second-incommand"
- The personal guard/ militia for president Nicolae
- Killed thousands of demonstraters