Digital Learning Academy Newsletter
Dear Trail Blazer Families,
Welcome to 2nd quarter! We are excited to have our first family event - Trunk or Treat. we would love to see you stop by to say hello, meet the DLA staff and grab a treat. Please see the flyer below for more information.
Report cards will be available Thursday, October 14th via ParentVUE. LESD no longer sends report cards home, so please be sure you have a working account and can access ParentVUE. If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Parent/Teacher conferences will begin the week of October 18th. We know how important it is to schedule time to discuss the academic and social emotional progress of your child. Teachers will be reaching out to set up times to meet with you. Please make sure you take advantage of this opportunity. We feel it is critical to have your child a part of this process as it centers around them. If there is ever a time you'd like to meet with your child's teacher or the administrative staff of DLA, even if it isn't during parent/teacher conference time, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Some friendly reminders:
- As a digital school, email is our main form of communication. Please know you are receiving emails weekly, possibly more frequently, and it is important in our partnership for your child's success that those are being read.
- Student attendance taken each period of the day, approximately every 70 minutes. Teachers are not responsible for contacting parents when students are absent. Please call our attendance line or email to report your child's absence. You can always view your child's absences by logging into ParentVUE. Please see this Screencastify video tutorial directly below for how to access your child's attendance.
We are here to support all aspects of your child's learning. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you need anything. We are most grateful for your ongoing support.
Wishing you well,
This newsletter is live, so please check back for updated information or additional items.
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 11, 2021 - First day of Q2
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - LESD Governing Board Meeting - https://www.youtube.com/user/LESD79
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 - Q1 Report Cards post in ParentVue
- Tuesday, October 26th - DLA Family event - TRUCK OR TREAT (see flyer below)
- Thursday October 27-29, 2021 - Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences
DLA School Infomation
Parent and Student Online Learning Support
Use this button to submit a help ticket for technology support.