Saddle Shoes. Shoes in the 50's
When were saddle shoes made?
- "We do notice them being offered in the 1915 Sears catalog as men's 'tennis shoes'"(Histclo.com)
- "They have a hard time competing with sneakers with boys. They are most popular with girls, but are also worn by boys"(histclo.com)
- "Interestingly in the 1960s they were acceptable for teenagers up to around 1968 or 1969"(histclo.com).
- "This suggests that they were also being commonly worn by boys. Both wear them with white socks"(histclo.com).
- "I believe there was some regulation that prohibited two tone saddle shoes from being made during World War II because of the war. But after the war they were again very popular reaching a peak in the 1950s"(Histclo.com).
What gender mainly wore saddle shoes?
Did any famous people wear saddle shoes?
Who made saddle shoes?
Did they come in different colors?
"Classic Saddle Shoes." Muffys.com. Muffys Enterprise, LLC, 2006. Web. 11 Jan. 2016. <www.muffys.com/modern_traditional.html>.
J, Merle. "Saddle Shoes Chronology." Histclo.com. N.p., 2003. Web. 21 Jan. 2016. <histclo.com/style/fact/shoe/sad/sad-chronology>.
Raivio, Ville. "A History of Saddle Shoes." Keikari.com. N.p., 2014. Web. 20 Jan. 2016. <www.keikari.com/english/a-history-of-saddle-shoes/>.
"WiseGEEK." WiseGEEK.com. N.p., 2016. Web. 12 Jan. 2016. <www.wisegeek.com/what-are-saddle-shoes.html>.