Date: August 25, 2019
Quote of the Week
"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson
Great first week of school! Thank you all for your preparation and getting your students excited about the school year. Parents have been very pleased and have shared many positive comments. Let's keep the positive momentum going. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shout Outs: To Ms. Martin for the wonderful bulletin boards by the cafeteria and our front foyer! To Ms. Cageao, Ms. Ficklen, and Mr. Barkley for their work on the news show! To Mrs. Mabry, the related arts team, school counselors, Mrs. Marsters, and Mrs. Baird for their time and coordination of the shuttle bus! To the interventionist for helping out at kindergarten lunch! To the kindergarten team for helping their students everyday at lunch!! To everyone who has pitched in and helped out wherever needed. It takes the teamwork to make the dream work!
- Scout Visit: A member of the Scouts will be making their annual visit tomorrow, Monday, to speak to each classroom for 2-3 minutes beginning around 8:00 am. Please allow Mr. Kelly this brief time to speak with your class when he arrives.
- Afternoon Dismissal: Please let the office know if you have any questions on how a student is supposed to go home. It is extremely helpful if you can do this before 2:00.
- Math Intervention Meetings: We will hold these meetings this coming Thursday during your planning period in the conference room.
- New Staff Birthdays: Last call to send Peter your birthday if you want it included in the Colts Roundup during the school year.
Hannah Dutton, 8/30
Jeannine Bruce, 8/31
- August 26: Gradebook Setup during Related Arts; Scouting Classroom Visits
- August 27: School Board Meeting at 6:00 pm
- August 28: Staff PD on Responsive Classroom & Logical Consequences at 2:45 in the MC
- August 29: Grade Level Math Intervention Meetings during planning; Fire Drill at 1:30; Back to School Picnic 5:30-7:30
- September 2: Labor Day - No School
- September 3: Literacy PLC's
- September 4: Faculty Meeting at 2:45 followed by Staff Activity for those interested
- September 5: Math PLC's