Felt, Eco Print & Indigo in Ireland
Ten day luxurious residential retreat with Nicola Brown
Invitation from Nicola!
Friday, July 12th, 9am to Monday, July 22nd, 9am
Kilgraney Country House, Muine Bheag, Ireland
This exclusive residential workshop includes........
- Collection from Dublin Airport on the morning of Friday 12th July, 2019
- Welcome drinks and light evening meal on the first night
- 10 nights shared en-suite accommodation in a courtyard suite (non smoking) at Kilgraney Country House. A single supplement option is also available and a limited number of accompanying non-workshop partners may be accommodated by prior arrangement
- Delicious full Irish or light and healthy breakfast each morning
- Superb lunch each workshop day
- 7 days intensive felting and eco printing workshop on site with Nicola Brown, projected class size 7 people
- Two wonderful excursions to see a little more of Nicola's Ireland including a visit to her home and studio at Clasheen, Cushendale Woollen Mill and Suzanna Crampton's working farm to meet her Zwartbles sheep
- Each workshop day will be tailored to give participants the most out of their class. We'll cover different wet felting techniques at the beginning of the retreat then move forward to concentrate on eco printing. Kilgraney House has marvellous gardens with a wealth of beautiful plant materials for our printing! The direction of the class will be determined to a large extent by the participants, Nicola will make sure that everyone learns new skills in a fun and supportive environment
- New for 2019, the opportunity for each retreat participant to over dye 2 pieces in an organic indigo vat during the visit to Nicola's home studio at Clasheen
- A welcome pack with basic materials for the first couple of days is included in the cost of the retreat (merino fibre, embellishing fibres, silk fabric etc.). Participants will be given an additional materials list of suggested eco printing fabrics which they are free to bring with them. Alternatively these may be ordered in advance and purchased from Nicola's studio if preferred
- Gala dinner at Kilgraney House on Saturday 20th
- Drinks reception and end of workshop exhibition on the evening of Sunday 21st
- Certificate of completion at the end of the retreat
- Delivery back to Dublin Airport early on the morning of Monday 22nd
NB This retreat is suitable for both experienced textile artists and total beginners. A small number of non participating partners are also welcome, the price for this includes all excursions and meals as per the programme for workshop participants. Nicola is happy to advise about local wood turning workshops with Glenn Lucas, golf at a selection of championship courses, eco trails with Mary White, walking up Mount Leinster or a visit to Shankill Castle.
A welcome supper on the first night and gala dinner on Saturday are included in the retreat price but no other evening meals are accounted for. Each of the courtyard suites includes a small shared kitchen and very comfortable living area but for those wanting a change of scenery award winning Step House Hotel, a couple of supermarkets, several take aways and a selection of super Irish pubs are only a five minute taxi ride away from Kilgraney!
Cost of the retreat
€1650 non participating partner (sharing accommodation, meals and excursions as above)
€450 single supplement
Retreat fees are strictly non-refundable so Nicola highly recommends holiday insurance.
Please email Nicola to reserve your place or if you have any questions. Payment in full or a 50% deposit by electronic bank transfer will confirm your place on the retreat, balance due in April.