Warrior Nation News Sept
Upcoming Dates 📆
- Sept 1- Early dismissal/ Parent Conferences
- Sept 4- Labor Day Holiday/No School
- Sept 5- Progress Reports Available in Parent Portal
- Sept 11- All Grade Picture Make Up Day during lunches
- Sept 12- College Fair (10th-12th Grade Students)
- Sept 14- Junior Class Ring Ceremony
- Sept 19- BETA club/NHS induction ceremony
- Starting Sept 25- Classroom Lessons about Graduation Requirements with all students
- September 30- Homecoming Dance
- October 2-6- Homecoming Week (see details below)
- October 4- Senior class meets with Herff Jones
- October 5- End of first 9 weeks
- October 9 & 10- Student Fall Break
🎒 Student Life 🎓
Information for the Week
Homecoming Spirit Week will be October 2-6. Spirit themed days will be announced soon! Keep an eye out on social media for all the themes!
Monday Oct 2- Students can come out for the Homecoming tailgate! Music, games, food trucks, and fun. See which group will win the Powder Puff game! Spirit day: BBQ Dad vs Soccer Mom
Tuesday Oct 3- Spirit Day: Celebrity Day
Wednesday Oct 4- Spirit Day: Zoom Meeting Day
Thursday Oct 5- Spirit Day: Decades Day
Friday Oct 6- Show your school spirit! Spirit day: Class Colors 12-White, 11-Navy, 10-Black, 9-Gray Football kicks off at 7:30. It's a Glow Party! Wear your neon colors and watch us take on the Rebels! During halftime, the Queen will be crowned.
Midnight in the Garden Homecoming Dance will take place on Saturday September 30th from 7:00 PM-10:00 PM in the Cafeteria.
Students who want to bring a guest who does not attend GTHS, must pick up a permission form in the front office and return it by Tuesday Sept 26. Outside guests must be currently enrolled in another Columbia County High School and have their school ID available at check-in. Any other guests are not permitted.
Ticket will be available on Monday, 9/11 and will be sold on GoFan. Tickets are limited, so be sure to purchase yours quickly.
Afternoon Pep Rally
On Friday Oct. 6th the Homecoming Pep Rally will take place in the afternoon. Please see the modified bell schedule. Students who have dual enrollment and/or privilege should note the modified class times.
On Friday Oct. 6th the front office will not accept any phone call sign outs. Students who need to leave campus early can be checked out in the front office or if they drive themself to school, they can bring a note from a parent/guardian at the start of the school day.
If you are interested in doing dual enrollment 2nd semester, please see your counselor for important information on how to sign up. The deadline is October 31st.
SAT & ACT Information
SAT: Registering on the College Board website is the fastest and easiest way to register. From your online account you can print your admission ticket, make changes to your registration, and view your scores as soon as they are available.
ACT: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/productsandservices/theact/registration.html after creating your account, you will log in and click on “register for test” on the home page.
📖Family Engagement 🏫
- Football & Competition Cheer Coach Katelyn Morgan, Coach Kristen Brown, Coach Jessica McCarthy, Coach Tizhana Bell
- Cross Country Coach Ryan Rood, Coach Kathi Stewart
- Football Coach Cory Evans, Coach Bruce Zuehlke, Coach Marcus Washington, Coach Louis Mckie, Coach Nelson Hankins, Coach Aaron Brodrick, Coach Trent Lee, Coach Charles Folger, Coach Jordan Clark, Coach Chris Drayton, Coach Nathaniel Rodgers, Coach Everette McDaniel
- Softball Coach Kyle Cartledge, Coach Wes Harrell, Coach Tony Paschall, Coach Jaclyn Braun
- Volleyball Coach Amy Slagle, Coach Jessica Ruark, Coach Kinzie Ruark
Click the link below to download the GTHS Athletic Packet which includes a physical form
- Girls Basketball- October 24: See Coach Glover
- Boys Basketball- See Coach Douglas
- Basketball Cheer- September 18: See Coach Rainge
- Wrestling- Interest meeting September 9: See Coach Zuehlke
- Flag Football- September 11: See Coach Harrell
- Swimming- Interest Meeting Sept 14:See Coach Fox-Norton