A WORD TO THE WISE...
*MONDAY HOLIDAY - Enjoy your 3 day weekend! It's a long time till Thanksgiving from here. Make time to relax and refresh yourselves from the first nine weeks! You have done great things already!!!
*STAFF DEVELOPMENT - Tuesday is our optional Staff Development offered after school. This week we will be focusing on Words their Way. Rachel will be leading this and it is a great opportunity for learning on campus!
*TAMI TIME - Team leaders have probably shared with you that I will be visiting with each one individually to meet one of my goals this year. I am working on building relationships with every staff member as I'm asking you to do with your team. Below is a link to the google doc for you to begin signing up for a time to visit with me. It will take no longer than 10 minutes (unless you want to visit longer which is fine). My goal will be to finish round one of visits by the end of October.
* ELL REPORT CARDS - Are you in your mailbox in a green folder. Once you have filled it out, make a copy of it to send home. You keep the original! Place that green folder in a safe place so that you will have it to add to the report card each nine weeks. For questions, see Kara.
*EMERGENCY EXIT MAPS - New maps are in your mailbox. Please replace the current one with this one. If you don't have one hanging in your room currently, this new map must be hung near your door so that everyone can see it.
* FALL FESTIVAL - Just a reminder that Fall Festival is on Thursday, October 18. Kara met with the committee last week to share ideas for this event. Please take time to encourage families to come out to this great even! PTO is "beefing" it up and will have vendors to shop, food trucks to eat, and carnival games to play.
*CAMPUS VISIT - Dr. Winkler will be here on Friday at 8:45 for a campus visit. We will walk classrooms. Do what you always do!! It will be a great visit as we see amazing things that are going on in your classrooms.
*FALL PICTURES - Friday is Fall Pictures. Please make sure you have sent home the order forms. The schedule is in Canvas but I'll attach it to the email, too. In order to get everyone in before lunch, we will need to be organized and moving quickly. We've also had to redo the schedule a little so please pay attention to your time.
* ORHS HOMECOMING PARADE - Wednesday is the ORHS Homecoming parade. They use our back parking lot for staging so you will want to be gone or move your car to the front by 4:20 or so. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A FEW EXTRA ADULTS SPONSORS WALK/RIDE WITH US THAT EVENING. If you are interested, please email me.
*GT THREE PART MAINTENANCE TRAINING - If you are interested in participating in GT Maintenance training that Kara emailed about earlier in the year, MARK YOUR CALENDARS. The first date is October 16 after school in the library. You will have to attend all 3 sessions to get credit. This will give you 6 hours maintenance credit after all three sessions.
*JEANS DAY - Remember that we are moving jeans day to Wednesday starting next week. If you choose to wear jeans besides Wednesday and Friday, please see Kathie G BEFORE
*TEAM HUDDLES will start again this week on rotation. Please check day as I 'm adjusting for Monday holiday. Fourth - Tuesday, Third - Wednesday, First - Thursday, Kinder - Friday (everyone else will bump to the following week)
*TEAM HUDDLE QUESTION FOR THOUGHT -
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday is a HOLIDAY!!! ENJOY!!!
Tuesday is after school staff development - Word their Way.
Wednesday is ORHS Homecoming Parade. Staging in our back parking lot starts at 4:30.
Friday is fall pictures and Math Review Quiz day.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
ELA Staff Development @ Ford - Oct. 11 from 3:30 - 5:00.On campus opportunities to note: (Second Monday after school opportunities)
October 9 - Words Their Way (Note that this is a Tuesday as Monday is a holiday)
November 12 - Rubrics
Points to Ponder:
1. Do you have your SLO and T-TESS goal written some place where you reference it frequently?
2. What staff development, learning walk, support do you need to accomplish your T-TESS goal?
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Team Leaders - for always answering the call when I need a quick response! - Tami
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
8 - Lisa Jones' birthday
8 - Holiday from school
9 - Kaitlyn Frederickson's birthday
9 - After school staff development - Word Their Way
10 - ORHS Homecoming Parade - Stage in our parking lot at 5:00 p.m.
11 - Fourth grade to Pavillion
11 - Grading in the ELA classroom @ Ford
11 - Evening PTO meeting @ 6:30 p.m.
12 - Fall Picture Day
12 - Math Review Quiz
12 - Dr. Shellie Winkler campus visit
15 - Site Based Team Meeting (Previously CORE)
16 - Gina Godinez's birthday
17 - Raquel Santa Cruz's birthday
17 - Foundations Meeting after school
17 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
18 - Fall Festival
19 - Poster Method Day
20 - Alyssa Barker's birthday
21 - Virginia Vera's birthday
22 - Faculty Meeting
23 - Technology Staff Development during planning time
24 - Kara out to AP meeting
26 - Math Review Quiz
30 - Tami out to Curriculum Meeting