The Spartan Scoop
Happenings, need-to-knows, & more from Campbell Counseling
It's Prom Season!!!!
When: Saturday, April 23, 2022 7:00-11:00 PM
Where: Cobb Energy Center
Theme: Masquerade: Unmasking Our Dreams
PURCHASE TICKETS! Ticket purchase is online only through My Payments Plus.
- Early Bird Special tickets will go on sale March 14-25, $75.00/ticket for CHS students and non-CHS students.
- After March 25, tickets will be $85.00/ticket for CHS students and for non-CHS students.
- The amount of tickets available is limited, so don't delay or you will miss out.
- Please remember that students that have been tardy more than 15 times will not be allowed to attend prom.
NON-CHS students. Any CHS student wanting to invite a non-CHS Student as a date, must complete and submit the "Non-CHS Student PROM Permission Form," which is found here. Forms must be received and student notified of approval PRIOR to purchasing Prom Tickets. Additional print Permission Forms and further instructions to submit forms are outside the door of Classroom 705. Forms must be submitted to:
- Ms. Tracy Efaw, Teacher
- Classroom 705
SENIORS!!! Class of 2022!
C/O 2022 Graduation Information Meeting--March 31st
Please contact email@example.com regarding any questions about this meeting.
March Application Madness--Apply for Free
Juniors!! Class of 2023
Remaining Junior Advisement Conferences will be held 3/21-4/1
After your Junior Advisement conference, you will have 3 action items to complete. Check them out HERE.
College Panel 3/29 8pm
Applerouth is hosting “Ask The Experts: Advice from College Admissions Directors” on March 29 at 8PM. The panel includes Admissions Directors from Georgia Tech, Cornell University, and The George Washington University. This free online event will include topics such as:
· Testing: What does “test optional” really mean?
· Classes & Grades: How do honors, AP, IB, and dual enrollment classes factor into the process?
· Essays: What are colleges looking for in students' essays?
· Extracurriculars: How should students use their time outside of school?
· College Visits: With some colleges opening up to campus visitors, is it better to visit in person or remotely?
Register online: https://www.applerouth.com/signup/?scheduleid=488951
Or go to applerouth.com/events and use event code: M488951
Sophomores!! Class of 2024
Freshman!! Class of 2025
Beyond the Classroom...
Do you want to make an impact on the Metro Atlanta area?
MARC is the only program of its kind to involve students in experiential learning in real-world areas affecting life here in metro Atlanta. For more than two decades, it has engaged young people on the latest in transportation, natural resource sustainability, and community development.
MARC participants meet once a month for six months as they take part in hands-on activities, behind-the-scenes tours, and thought-provoking discussions with local civic leaders and experts as they develop their own actionable solutions to the challenges facing us.
Are you interested in the Law field?
Are you interested in Aviation?
The Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals better known as OBAP. Every summer OBAP sponsors in cities all over the country an OBAP ACE Academy for Middle and High School Students. If you know a young person interested in Aviation, this could be the program for them.
The ACE Academy is designed to expose youths to the wide variety of career opportunities in aviation and aerospace. The program offers students a hands-on experience of learning aviation history, fundamentals of aerodynamics, the role of government in aviation and the many careers available in the aerospace field.
The ACE Academy is a multi-day event for middle and high school students that have a general interest in learning about aviation. The goal of the ACE Academy is to expose students to the many different careers in aviation. We also aim to show them the practical application of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) subjects. By the end of the program, we hope that the participants will have a wider horizon of the many career opportunities available to them. We challenge our students to strive for excellence.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR 2022 in Atlanta. To learn more about the program and enroll:
Summer Enrichment Programs in Naviance
Does your student want to do something "productive" during the summer vs the normal summer slump?
In addition to scholarships and doing college & career "stuff" in Naviance, did you know you can also view upcoming enrichment programs that typically happen during the summer? Programs are added and updated as we receive information. Well, now you do!
Here's how to plug into these great opportunities:
1. Go to your Naviance Account. Don't remember how to do this...click here.
2. Click on the Colleges Tab
3. Click on Enrichment Programs
Things to know about Enrichment Programs:
- There are day and overnight programs
- There are free programs and costly programs
- Sometimes there are opportunities for scholarships to pay for the programs and this would be included in the program's information
- They can be academic, career oriented, service oriented, leadership oriented to name a few
- Some programs are local and some require travel
- Universities/Colleges, companies or organizations host the programs
For example, check out this Georgia Scholars' Institute at University of West Georgia
Do you know someone struggling with an eating disorder?
Eating disorders are not a thing of the past even as our culture is beginning to embrace "curviness". Teens, young adults and adults both male and female suffer from this disease that can lead to death. Don't wait to get help!
Here is some helpful information about eating disorders:
Don't feel that you have to go about this alone. Reach out to a school counselor for help in determining next steps.
If you aren't visiting our website on the regular, you are missing out!!!!