Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School
Featured Alumni: In Service to Others
Susan Blake and Della Rose
Susan began volunteering in 1984 with the Junior League of Lake Charles. She also volunteered with Big Brothers/Big Sisters and was named the match of the year in 1988. She served on the Allocation and Review Committee for the United Way of SWLA and served as the organization's Special Gifts Campaign Chair. Susan has also served on many boards, including the Lake Charles Symphony, the Family and Youth Counseling Agency, the Southwest Louisiana Community Foundation, and Good Shepherd Episcopal Church where she was awarded the Distinguished Servant Ministry Award.
Della is a sustaining member of the Junior League of Lake Charles and was honored as "Active of the Year" in 1996. She has served on the Board of First Federal Bank of Lake Charles since 2003 and is the current president of the Krewe of Mystique. She is also a member of Angels of SWLA, a group of angel investors interested in financing and nurturing early stage companies. Della recently rotated off the Christus St. Patrick Hospital Foundation board after 9 years of service.
Della has also continued her involvement with Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School. Her two children attended EDS and during their time in school she served as the EDS auction chairman and volunteer admissions tour leader. She also served on the EDS Board of Trustees and the EDS Foundation Board.
We Want to See Your College Sweatshirt Selfie!
Walnut Grove 5K & Nutty Fun Color Run
The annual Walnut Grove 5K & Nutty Fun Color Run was held on Saturday, November 7th. This year the race raised $5,970 for Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School! EDS would like to thank Walnut Grove for sponsoring the race and donating the proceeds back to our school. We appreciate all the families and friends of EDS who participated in the race and fun run. Congratulations to the following EDS families who placed in the race: Jennifer Farque, Mollie Maze, Cecil Girard, Allison Fountain, Preble Girard, Kim Vasquez, and John Schnake. Special congratulations to Benjamin Guilbeau, EDS Class of 2014 and pictured left, who won first place in the "Male Overall" category. We would also like to thank all the volunteers who made this event possible. We appreciate your time and dedication to our students and school.
- Lydia Fenet, EDS class of 1991, and her husband Chris Delaney recently welcomed a new baby boy to their family.
- Jamie and Skylar Gilmore, EDS Class of 2011, are in their first semester at Baylor University. Both are attending on scholarship.
- Lamar Oliver, EDS Class of 1989, and his wife Erin welcomed their first child, a little girl, this past October.
- Michael Aleshire, EDS class of 2015, was selected to participate in the All-State Choirs, sponsored by the Louisiana chapter of the American Choral Directors’ Association (ACDA).
- Isabela Walkin, EDS Class of 2012, was recognized as a Commended Student by the National Merit Scholarship program. Commended students place among the top five percent of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2016 competition. Isabela currently attends Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts.
- Jackson Leach, EDS Class of 2015, Gracie Jones, EDS Class of 2012, and Emily Hedlesky, EDS Class of 2013, were all named St. Louis Catholic High School's September Students of the Month. These students were nominated for consistently showing responsibility, respect, positive attitude, outstanding achievement, and charity.
Do you have Alumni News? We'd LOVE to hear about it! Help us write the next Alumni newsletter and send all updates to Allison Schnake, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com.