Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
3RI1 – Ask and answer questions to understand text.
3RI2 – Determine the main idea of a text.
3RI3 – Describe the relationship of text.
3RI4 – Vocabulary
Day 1 and 2 (Monday and Tuesday)
2. Research about the history, line up, and activities that happen during the parade.
Day 3 and 4 (Wednesday and Thursday)
Day 5 (Friday)
One of the high school bands marching in the parade this year is Center Grove Marching Band from Greenwood, IN.
- Use your iPad to locate Greenwood, IN on Google Maps? (Bonus: How far is it from Webb City, MO?)
- Go to the bands website: http://www.centergrovebands.com/in-the-news/ How many times has this band marched in the Macy's day parade?
- If you could talk to a band member from Center Grove Marching Band what question would you want to ask them? Think hard! Make it a good question. Post your question and your name on this Padlet http://padlet.com/wall/2dp75eprvxn2.
- If you are free Thanksgiving morning watch the Macy's Day Parade on NBC at 9 am. Look for Center Grove Marching Band.