Swine Euthansia And Composting
Euthansia And Composting
- The humane way of slaughtering an animal.
- Suppose to be quick
- Lose consious fast
- Many Different Methods
animals will be composted if they are severely injured with the inabiloity to recover.
- Burial- To Burry
- Incineration- Burn
- Rendering- A process that converts waste animal tissue into stable
Importance To Producers
Less Stress Better Taste
- Quick kill cause no stress for the animal
- No stress means better product
- Better product means more money coming in and less money wasted
Importance To Consumers
- If the process is not done right you can be given bad meat.
- The way the animals are treated will effect the product and we buy the product
- In order for the product to come out perfect they must limit the amount of stress
All Methods Of Euthansia
- Carbon Dioxide- replaces oxygen in the body and causes rapid aneshesia and then death cause by respiratory arrest.
- Electricution to the head
- Electricution to the head and heart-
- Veternarian ad,inistrated anesthetic overdose-cause cardiac arrest
- Captive bolt gun- causes concussion and severe trauma of the brain without breaking the skin.
- Blunt Trauma (only for suckling pigs)- a blow to the top of the head
- Gun shot- the gun shot must be to the head
I Recommend using these euthansia methods for swine:
- Electric shock from the head to the heart
- Carbon chambers: It's like they are going to sleep and its very settlte
These are the best two methods.
- Gun shot