St. Louis Catholic High School
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Halo Highlight: A Look to the Future!
Dear Saints Community,
We are excited for the future of our school and the impact it has on the St. Louis community, past, present, and future. As we diligently plan for the upcoming school year, please see the link below with an update from the Diocese.
We are excited to announce the following faculty updates. Emily Pettaway has already begun a new role as Dean of Academics. Emily has been an exceptional teacher, role model, and leader for our campus and now will be tasked with excelling our curriculum and challenging our students and faculty. We are also excited about the restructure of our Advancement Office to include the additions of Matt Fontenot ('05) as Director of Advancement and External Operations and Dee Butts as Advancement and Fundraising Coordinator. Matt has spent a large part of his career serving as Director of Football Operations for Texas A&M University Football and brings a wealth of knowledge, passion, and vision back home to St. Louis Catholic. Dee has been a staple on St. Louis's campus since 1990 and continues to dedicate herself to advancing the mission of our great school and the community it serves.
We are excited about the future and look forward to the upcoming year!
Summer Hours & Required Assignments
- The Administrative Office will be closed Friday, June 26th & will re-open Monday, July 13th.
- Enrollment form for driving test submission (With the school closing, please send requests to Melissa at email@example.com or complete the request form HERE by noon on Thursday, June 25th.)
- Normal summer hours will resume Monday, July 13th. Those hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-2:00pm.
- AP students will have summer assignments to complete before the 2020-21 school year begins Aug. 13. Click here to view them.
- You can still fill out our remote learning surveys for
BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
Start of School Important Dates:
- Returning Students Orientation - August 6th (10:00am-12:00pm)
- New Student Orientation - August 6th (1:00pm-2:00pm)
- First Day of School - August 13th
Incoming freshmen, click here to apply!
Have questions? Contact Heather Ieyoub, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READY TO READ CHALLENGE
📙Challenge to SLCHS Community (Students, Parents, Faculty, & Staff)
Reading helps you stay ahead! “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” ― Joseph Addison
How to Participate:
- Set your own reading goal and make sure it's attainable.
- Sign up HERE.
- Want to attend the Celebration Party when school starts? Meet your goal.
- Check-in dates: June 26, July 17, and July 31st through email & Instagram. You will be asked to complete a small challenge plus a chance to earn more prizes.
Click HERE for more details about the challenge.
Click HERE to learn how to access FREE ebooks & audiobooks.
Please fill out this form (CLICK HERE) if you have prayer intentions you would like our retreat members to lift up in prayer. Please do not feel pressured to put your name or any specific details if you do not desire.
If you would like to spend time in prayer for our 9 retreat members, please sign up (CLICK HERE) to show your prayerful support of our week hiking and camping in the woods!
SUMMER PRACTICE COVID UPDATE
The Louisiana High School Athletic Association allowed member schools to begin summer offseason workouts on Monday, June 8. In the days prior, the LHSAA sent a list of guidelines regarding COVID-19 to all its members. In preparation for our athletes' return, our custodial staff worked diligently to clean and sanitize all our athletic facilities and equipment. Using the CDC/LHSAA guidelines, each coach formulated a plan to maximize usage of our facilities, equipment, and personnel, all while keeping our students' safety as the top priority. These precautions included health screenings, sanitation of equipment after each use, and keeping students in small groups.
We have contracted a licensed company (Servpro) to sanitize the areas that are out of our scope such as the baseball facility turf prior to allowing athletes in the facility.
While we remain diligent in our efforts to reduce our students' exposure, we realize that there are many factors beyond our control that affect the spread of this virus. We also understand that this is a fluid situation and we will continue to provide our student-athletes and their families with updates as needed.
ATHLETIC TRYOUT DATES
Cheer: Dates: July 8th-10th and July 15th-17th. Times: All Sessions are from 5:00-6:30pm. For more information, contact Elaina Kilpatrick @ email@example.com.