Roosevelt Rough Riders
September Activities Newsletter
A Note From the Activities Director
September 2023: Hello Rough Riders! My name is Steve Moore and I have the honor and privilege of being the Activities Director at Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School. Roosevelt High School is an amazing place to grow and develop as a young person. Extra-curricular activities greatly enhance the educational experience for students, and at Roosevelt we have many, many opportunities for students to get involved in such activities. The purpose of this newsletter is to inform the Roosevelt School Community of a few of the happenings and opportunities that exist here at Roosevelt High School. If you or someone you know would like to be involved in an extra-curricular opportunity at Roosevelt, please contact us in the Roosevelt Activities Office. We would love to help. Thank you. GO RIDERS!!!!
2023-2024 Athletics & Fine Arts Extra-Curricular Activities
- Please view the PDF below to see the Roosevelt High School Athletics and Fine Arts Activity Information & Requirements for Participation during the 2023-2024 School Year.
Meet The Riders
Come Meet The Roosevelt Rough Riders!
Roosevelt Rough Riders Volleyball
- If you're not able to attend, we stream all of our matches thought Roosevelt's YouTube Channel. That can be found at www.ridervolleyball.com
- September 15 vs Rapid City Stevens @ RHS 7:00pm
- September 16 vs Rapid City Central @ RHS 12:30pm
- September 23 vs Washington @ RHS 3:00pm - Grandparents Day!
- September 26 vs Harrisburg @ RHS 7:00pm - Teacher Appreciation Night!
- September 28 vs Mitchell @ RHS 7:00pm - Meet the Riders Night!
- On Meet The Riders Night you can meet all of the players plus shirt giveaways and fun activities.
- Bring your ball from summer camp and get it signed by your favorite player!
Roosevelt's 2023 Marching Band Show
About the show:
The Roosevelt High School Marching Band is proud to present their 2023 show, titled “Encounters.” The possible existence of extraterrestrial life has been the subject of countless movies, novels, and more in the Sci-Fi genre, and continues to capture our imagination to this day. This year’s show depicts the four types of alien encounters as defined in a 1972 book by J. Allen Hynek. “The first kind” is simply the witnessing of a UFO in close proximity; “The second kind” involves the discovery of physical evidence left behind by aliens, often in the form of crop circles; “The Third Kind” refers to the presence of a living extraterrestrial being making direct contact with humans; and “The Fourth Kind,” most terrifyingly of all, is alien abduction. We hope you’ll suspend your disbelief, let your imagination run wild, and come on an otherworldly journey with us as the Roosevelt High School Marching Band performs their 2023 show: “Encounters.”
September 23 - The Pursuit of Excellence in Marshall, MN - Band will perform at 8:36 pm.
September 30 - Tri-State Festival in Luverne, MN - Band will perform at 2:50 pm
September 30 - Big Sioux Review in Brandon, SD - Band will perform at 9:00 pm
- September 15 vs Brandon Valley @ Howard Wood Field 8:00pm
- September 22 vs Harrisburg @ Harrisburg 6:00pm
- September 29 vs Rapid City Central @ Howard Wood Field 5:00pm
- September 19 vs O'Gorman @ Kuehn Park 4:00pm
- September 22nd - 2023 East-West Girls' Invitational Dual Tennis Tournament
- RHS vs Rapid City Christian @ Rapid City Parkview 2:00pm
- RHS vs St. Thomas More @ Rapid City Parkview 5:00pm
- September 23rd - 2023 East-West Girls' Invitational Dual Tennis Tournament
- RHS vs Rapid City Central @ Rapid City Parkview 10:00am
- RHS vs Rapid City Stevens @ Rapid City Parkview 1:00pm
- September 25 vs SF Washington @ Tomar Park 2:00pm
- September 26 vs SF Jefferson @ Jefferson High School 4:00pm
- September 28 vs Mitchell @ Mitchell - Hitchcock Park 4:00pm
Need to Contact Us? Here's How!
Below you will find email addresses and social media accounts for our coaches and directors.
Please click on the PDF below to see our coaches and directors emails, websites and social media account information.
Roosevelt Activities Office: 605-362-2866