Middle School Lead Learner
A Little About Me....
I earned my Bachelor's Degree from Buena Vista University in elementary education with endorsements in K-8 reading, K-8 special education, and K-8 Social Studies. I am currently completing a K-12 ESL endorsement through Morningside College. I have taught in the Hampton-Dumont School District since 2008. I currently teach in the 6th grade math, reading, and language classrooms at the Middle School.
Serving Students by Supporting Teachers
In what areas can I offer support?
Content Knowledge and Instruction
- Standards Based Grading
- Gradual Release of Responsibility
- Analyzing data and developing small group instruction
- Daily Five
- Using CC Pensieve
- Workshop model
Instructional Strategies for Learners
- Providing support for differentiation
- Conferring in the Reader's Workshop
- Integrating Technology
How Can I Support You?
- Collaborate with you before or after school or during your planning time.
- Co-plan or co-teach with you in your classroom.
- Collect and analyze student data to help plan small groups and interventions within your classroom.
- Find resources in all subject areas.
- Assist in technology integration.
- Problem solve.
- Integrate reading and writing strategies in the content area.
- Integrate vocabulary and ESL strategies to benefit all students.