September 4, 2020
September 4 Optional Remote pick-up 8:30 A.M.-4:00 P.M.
September 8 1st Day of School Kindergarten ONLY, Dismissal at 12:10 P.M. Optional Remote pick-up 1:00-4:00 P.M.
September 9 1st Day of School--A Day in the Building
September 10 B Day in the Building
September 11 C Day--ALL Virtual Learning
September 14 A Day in the Building
September 15 B Day in the Building
September 16 C Day--All Virtual Learning
September 17 & 18 A Day in the Building
September 15 & 16, 6-7 P.M. Parent Training Sessions on the SchoolWork app that will be the elementary’s Learning Management System
September 17 (A) & 21 (B) Picture Day
Optional Remote Pick-up
Distribution of Supplies:
Supplies will be ready for families to pick-up on Friday, September 4. Please come to PRE anytime between 8:30 A.M.-4:00 P.M. Call the main office 913-667-1800, and we will put your child’s bag of materials in a box located outside the front door for you to retrieve. If you can’t make it on Friday, you can come on Tuesday, September 8 between 1:00-4:00. Remote optional kindergarten families need to pick-up materials on Friday so that they are ready for their first day on Tuesday, September 8.
USD 232 Learning Log Communication
What are Learning Logs?
· Learning Logs document student daily learning activity time, and are completed by parents and/or students on a weekly basis.
o “Daily learning activity time” includes all learning events, and is not specific to “online” or “screen time”.
o A minimum of 360 minutes of learning activities must be documented per school day.
· Learning Logs must be collected as part of district responsibility to the Kansas State Department of Education.
o Collection of Learning Logs is required as part of the student-count process.
Who must complete Learning Logs?
· All students in grades PreK-12 enrolled in the USD 232 Optional Learning platform, and
· All students in grades PreK-12 enrolled in the USD 232 In-Person Hybrid platform who are on extended absence.
When will Learning Logs be collected?
· Learning logs will be collected by schools the weeks of September 14th, 21st, and 28th.
o If additional weeks are added, schools will send communication.
· Learning Logs will NOT be collected the week of September 8th.
Where will Learning Logs be located?
· Elementary- Teachers will provide them in SchoolWork.
· Secondary- Teachers will provide them in Canvas.
· The specific teacher, to whom your student is responsible for providing completed Learning Logs, will be communicated by that staff member.
Please watch for detailed information soon, which will help families understand logistics regarding this state-required documentation of student learning.
For new families as well as those who just want an updated look at the school!