Adams Family newsletter
December 5 - December 9
From the Principal's Desk
We begin Tri 2 on Tuesday, December 6th. Tri 1 report cards will go home with students on Wednesday. If you don't receive yours, please reach out to the office and let us know.
Our Adams Redhawks rocked Tri 1 and I know that we will continue to be amazing in Tri 2.
Have a wonderful week.
Monday, December 5th:
- No School for Students
- Last Day to order Adams Merchandise
Tuesday, December 6th:
- Picture Retake Day
Wednesday, December 7th:
- Tri 1 Report Cards Come Home
Thursday, December 8th:
Friday, December 9th:
- EL Family Breakfast
Adams Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Items from our PAC
- 12/13 (Tues)-- Parent Advisory Council meeting: Being involved with the Parent Advisory Council is a wonderful way to connect with other families, meet teachers and staff, learn about our school and have fun! Each month, we'll meet to share what has been happening, what is coming up, and learn something about the Adams learning community. You can join virtually, if you like with this link (meet.google.com/uyk-otey-hra). There are fun activities for the kids while you attend the grown-up meeting, so bring your little people with you!
- Adams Spiritwear: We have partnered with a local company and are able to offer Adams gear for purchase until December 5. If you are interested in getting your student(s) a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, sweatshirt or hat, check out what's available here.(https://adamswinter2022.itemorder.com/shop/home/)
- Birthday grams: Back by POPULAR DEMAND! Parent Advisory Council will deliver treats to students and staff throughout the year to celebrate students or staff! Cost: $5 You can order or donate a birthday gram here. (https://my.cheddarup.com/c/2022-23-birthday-grams?cart=94ace1c1-1f50-4cb4-9ac3-298fee1f5acf%21%2142034918)
- Volunteering: There continue to be lots of ways to participate at Adams. If you'd like to help, please complete the volunteer application here.
From our volunteer service coordinator (VSC)
Thank you to everyone who helped with our Bingo party! This time of year can get so busy, and our students loved having a day to celebrate the closing of our 1st Trimester. We have also been sending MANY projects home for cutting or tracing, so thank you to everyone involved! It's a huge help to the staff at Adams. And finally, our K-Skillbuilder program is up and running. Thank you to the volunteers who have been working with our youngest learners! Small things can indeed make a big impact.
Two Needs for Next Week:
1. Picture Re-take Day is looking for one more volunteer. Volunteers will walk students from their classrooms to the gym, or stay in the gym and assist as needed. Takes place Tuesday, December 6th from 9:30am-1:00pm. Sign up here!
2. Kindness Poster Display: Earlier this year, students had the opportunity to create posters illustrating "there is power in kindness." We'd love to hang a selection around the school each month to show off their beautiful artwork. This would probably take about 45 minutes to complete, once a month. Sign up here to help.
Character Strong - Gratitude
From our School Social Worker
Cold Weather Rule: It’s Cold Weather Rule Time again (CWR)! CWR runs from October 1st to April 30th every year and provides protections to eligible utility customers from having electricity/natural gas shut off during this time. Customers may need to request protection and commit to a payment plan.
Attached, please find Cold Weather Rule FAQS. Additional Flyers in multiple languages can be found here, if useful.
Many Energy Provider’s Websites contain Cold Weather Rule information, you may click on each provider below for more information/ application to apply for protection.
For information about Energy Assistance Programs for (2022-2023) in Anoka County, including income guidelines and applications, please visit the ACCAP site- The Energy Assistance Program began October 1st and ends May 31st, 2023:https://accap.org/energy-assistance/. Links for additional utility assistance programs, including The Salvation Army’s Heatshare, can be found here as well.
- Please note: Some programs may require a denial for local county assistance, etc. to quality. Please check each site to see what program requirements are.
- Further information on Anoka County Emergency Assistance programs that may assist prevent utility shut offs for eligible households: https://www.anokacountymn.gov/199/Emergency-Programs
Picture Retake Day
Adams Redhawks are Kind, Safe, Respectful and Responsible
This e-newsletter is published by Adams Elementary School. Questions, comments or concerns about the school e-newsletter? Contact us.