Word of the Month: Grace
Traducción en espanol
En el lado derecho del boletín, aparecerá una barra con las funciones de ADA y Traducción. Esta función le permite traducir este boletín al idioma que desee.
What an amazing start it has been to March so far. SNOW on March 6th. It seems impossible, but we are reminded that the groundhog may just be correct this year and winter will continue Please continue to use parent square for weather-related updates. Also, plan on having students dress for warm weather and to check the lost and found for their items.
THANK YOU to our PTA for sponsoring the awesome family dance. Mrs. Casillas reported that the students were absolutely adorable all dressed up. Please be on the lookout for conference sign-ups. The last week in March is conference week!
Kinder Enrollment will begin on March 1st, 2023! To register your child, contact your neighborhood boundary school. You can learn more about your boundary school HERE. To enroll your child, you must complete the following.
Four Steps To Registration
1. Complete enrollment packet -The packet can be picked up at any school or the Student & Family Center (105 N 4th Ave)
2. Submit proof of address -A utility bill within one month (cable, internet, water/sewer/garbage, lease agreement, gas, power)
3. Provide age documentation -Birth certificate or hospital/physicians certificate
4. Submit immunization records -Medically verified immunization record printed from doctor's office.
Please visit ysd7.org/kinder or es.ysd7.org/kinder (Spanish) for more information.
Highly Capable Testing
Highly capable students are students who perform or show potential for performing at significantly advanced academic levels when compared with others of their age, experiences, or environments. Outstanding abilities are seen within student's general intellectual aptitudes, specific academic abilities, and/or creative productivities within a specific domain.
YSD makes a variety of services available to students who participate in the Highly Capable Program (HCP). Services such as: differentiation, flexible grouping, independent study, enrichment, independent projects, supplemental instruction in area of interest, content acceleration, and supplemental materials in the area of interest.
Referrals for student selection into the program can be made by school staff, parents, students, and members of the community. Please visit the YSD Highly Capable Website for more information. https://www.ysd7.org/domain/22
6 Questions To Ask at Parent-Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher conferences are coming up. Here are 6 questions you can ask your child's teacher.
1. What do you see as an area of strength for my child?
2. If you could pick one area to focus on improving for my child, what would it be?
3. How does my child contribute to the class atmosphere?
4. Who does my child work well with?
5. What can I do over the summer to help my child?
6. Do you have any concerns about my child?
Adapted from: https://www.coloradoparent.com/parent-teacher-conference-questions/
Calendar of Events
March 9th-PTA Meeting 6:30 p.m.
April 3-7 Spring Break-No School
April 28th- Spirit Day Superhero
May 29th Memorial Day-No School
June 2nd Spirit Day-Decades Day
June 9th- Treaty Day-No School
June 15th Last Day of School- Noon Dismissal
Our Vision: Our McClure family provides a safe and equitable learning environment that fosters a positive growth mindset and promotes lifelong learners.