4K P.M. Class
February 22, 2016
Last Week...February 15th-18th
We used paper plates as snowshoes, wax paper as ice skates, and laminated paper as skies.
Everyone loved playing with the trains and building unique tracks!
The children got the chance to write each other letters.
Upcoming Dates & Important Information...
- 4K Pajama Day is Thursday, February 25th.
- No Show & Tell this week!
- We are in need of snack size and quart size Ziploc bags. We appreciate all your help and donations!
- Please send in Ice Cream basket items/donations by Monday, February 29th.
- PTO Movie Night on March 4th.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are March 8th, 10th, and 11th. Information on signing up was sent home in the Tuesday Envelope information.
- Red Smith February/March Newsletter http://www.gbaps.org/MS/RedSmith/Documents/Newsletter%20-%20Feb-Mar%202016.pdf
Songs and Movement...
Click on the links below to watch the You Tube videos-
This Week... February 22nd-25th
- We will be practicing how to read (concepts of print) with this pocket chart. The repetition is similar to Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? By: Eric Carle.
- The children will be following a recipe to build a pizza out of paper.
- This week is a review week for us. We will be making a HUGE paper pizza by adding pepperoni & sausages with numbers, peppers & mushroom with letters, and cheese with first and last names.
- The following books we will read in 4K and can be found on YouTube:
- The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza By: Philemon Sturges https://youtu.be/EzQVs3hzjho
- Curious George and the Pizza By: Margret and H.A. Rey's https://youtu.be/eVPOHtRYaBI
- Hi Pizza Man By: Virginia Walter https://youtu.be/TOIrtwqTVaA
- Pizza Pat By: Rita Golden Gelman https://youtu.be/uYXRygplFsY