Bilingual/ Dual Language - ESL Report
Newcomers Breakfast and Rosetta Stone
They will also have breakfast with us in the ESL Room (502 by the elevator) twice a week to follow the District's Newcomers curriculum. K-2 Monday and Wednesday, and 3-5 Tuesday and Thursday.
Tip of the month: SIOP
Description: The students read a nonfiction article using the following coding system, inserting the codes directly into the text they are reading:
- A check mark - Indicates a concept or fact that is already known by the students.
- A question mark - Indicates a concept or fact that is confusing or not understood.
- An exclamation mark - Indicates something that is new, unusual or surprising.
- A + sign- Indicates an idea or concept that is new to the reader.
When they finish reading and marking the text, they share their markings with another set of partners. Following by whole class discussion led by the teacher.
Online Learning Opportunities
Books will be available for pick up starting September 15 through September 26 at the SSAB West Entrance (400 W. Main St., Lewisville, TX) with Michelle Eberendu during business hours (8:00 am – 4:30 pm). You will receive a link and instructions for the course in LOLA on the course opening day.
· Funny in Farsi
· The hELPS
· Multicultural Manners
· SIOP for Pre-K and Kindergarten