News from Room 11
What will be learning/doing Next Week:
* Language Arts Unit 3 Week 5- Kids Have Fun!
-Vocabulary: culture, custom, language, skill, similar
- Grammar: Contractions with NOT (isn’t, aren’t, can’t, didn’t)
- Phonics: words with scr-, spl-, str- Spelling Words: strike, string, splash, split, scrub, scrap, nose, cute, does, girl
- Skill: Compare and Contrast
* Math- Graphing
We don’t have enough recycled material for the entire class to create something so we need to postpone it to next Friday. Please send in clean boxes, string, cans, bottles, (make sure they are washed and no glass), etc., anything that is lying around your house or in your recycled bin. We will turn junk into masterpieces! We will display our finished product in the Media Center. Happy hunting!
We also need empty milk cartons by Thursday. We will plant seeds in the cartons then will hang them on the garden’s fence.
Remember to have your child start making valentine cards!
Welcome back Kelsi! We are all so happy to have her back in room 11!
I'm very excited that Ms. Romo, a student teacher from San Marcos State University will start working in room 11 on Tuesday. I meet with her yesterday and know she will be an excellent addition to our room.
-January 21st – Martin Luther Kind Holiday – No School
- No Computer Lab from January 22nd- February 8th due to MAP Testing
- MAP Testing the week of January 30th- February 3rd