We Are Together Tamanend!
August 31, 2018
Reminder--Bus Assignment & Information
Tamanend's Visitor Management System
All Central Bucks schools use a buzzer and computerized visitor management system for school safety. When you visit Tamanend, you must bring photo ID. If your visit includes entry to our instructional areas beyond the Main Office, our Receptionist will assist you in accessing our computerized visitor management system. As this process will take a few minutes, please plan to arrive early for appointments and meetings. Thank you for cooperation.
Reminder--1 to 1 Technology Initiative
Central Bucks is implementing a 1 to 1 technology initiative for all 7th and 8th graders. Every Tamanend 7th and 8th grader will receive a laptop on Thursday, September 13. Students and parents/guardians must read the technology agreement, pay the technology fee* using My Payments Plus, and take a brief online quiz. Click HERE to learn more about this initiative and to complete the items mentioned above.
*If your family is dealing with a financial hardship at this time, please contact Dr. Brian Caughie firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss payment options.
A reminder that students are not permitted to carry backpacks to classes. They must leave their backpacks in their lockers. 7th and 8th graders will be required to carry their laptops in the case they will receive as part of the laptop distribution on September 13. Students are permitted to carry wristlets and small purses to classes.
What is Consult?
News from the Tamanend Athletic Office
9TH GRADE FIELD HOCKEY:
There will be a 9th grade Field Hockey interest meeting with the CB South coach in the Tamanend Cafeteria on Wednesday, September 5th at 2:45. Please plan to attend if you are interested.
9TH GRADE SOCCER:
Attention all 9th grade boys and girls: We are looking forward to another exciting season of 9th grade soccer. A large part of 9th grade soccer will focus on enjoying the game, so we will spend much of our time playing small sided games or scrimmaging. We will also work on some skills that are needed for club and/or high school soccer. If you are interested, please sign up on Family ID which can be found on Tamanend's Athletics webpage.
ALL 9TH GRADERS PARTICIPATING IN AN AFTER SCHOOL SPORT AT CB SOUTH:
All 9th graders participating in an after school sport at CB South will need a pass in order to ride the activity bus to CB South after school. In order to get this pass, a permission slip needs to be completed and submitted to Mr. Klein. Please see Mr. Klein in Guidance on the first day of school to get the permission slip.
SPECTATOR DECORUM AT CB SOUTH ATHLETIC EVENTS:
We expect our students to be respectful when attending CB South athletic events. Middle school students must be accompanied by a parent. A reminder that bags and backpacks are not permitted in the CB South stadium during athletic events. Small purses or clutch bags are acceptable, but are subject to search. Spectators will not be admitted to the stadium with a bag or backpack.
Reminder--Student Emergency Contacts & Information
Each year, the Central Bucks School District asks our families to fill out a Student Emergency & Information Form. Parents/Guardians can take care of this now and we ask that you complete your family’s Student Emergency & Information Form online by September 14, 2018.
The online form will ask you to confirm and/or update the following:
- Demographic Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Information, including permission for emergency care and analgesic administration
- Media Release Preferences (Please note that if you click on "no" for media release, your student will not be featured in our Tamanend Connections newsletter.)
Click here to be directed to your Parent Portal account to complete the Census Verification form.
If you need assistance with this process:
- For detailed information about this process, including a User Guide, please click here.
- If you do not have a Parent Portal account, please follow this link to request one.
- If you need help filling out the online form, email or call Lori Rebstock.
- If you need technical support, please email email@example.com
As a reminder, the current immunization requirements for the 2018-2019 school year continue to be as follows:
Children in kindergarten through 12th grade are required to have the following vaccines:
- 4 doses DtaP – diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis
- 3 doses Polio
- 2 doses MMR – measles, mumps, rubella
- 3 doses Hepatitis B
- 2 doses Varicella (chicken pox)
Children entering 7th grade are also required to have:
- 1 dose Meningococcal Conjugate (meningitis)
- 1 dose DtaP – diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis
To check the immunization status of your student, go to the Portal and click on the Health tab.
Please note, the Departments of Health and Education have not made any changes to the religious, philosophical, or medical exemptions currently provided in the regulations.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Corinne Sikora at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Reminder--Breakfast is Served!
Reminder--Free & Reduced Lunch/Breakfast Application
Reminder--Parking Lot Safety
It is highly recommended that parents/guardians of students who walk or take the bus have their students walk or take the bus. On days, when students need extra help getting to school, please consider driving them to their assigned bus stop and wait together in the car until the bus arrives. A student will never be marked tardy if they arrive by bus.
If parents/guardians decide to drive students to school, please plan enough travel time to allow for safety and congestion on Stuckert Road and in our school parking lot. The speed limit in our lot is 15 mph.
The following is a mapping of how the student drop-off works in our parking lot. Drop off should only happen along the sidewalk indicated by paw prints on the map. For your safety and the safety of our students, please follow these directions and do not drop your student off on Stuckert Road, the Visitor's Parking area, or in the middle of the Main Parking Area. Thank you for your support and careful driving.
Parent Council--Please Note Date Change
Tuesday, Sep. 18th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School. Parent Council typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. Please note that this first meeting will take place on a Tuesday. There is no obligation to attend all Parent Councils and there are no elected positions. Parent Council is a forum for parents and school leaders to learn from and with each other, together.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Are You Interested in Volunteering at Tamanend? Look for our Volunteer Survey in September.
Reminder--Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Reminder--Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: email@example.com
Oficina: (267) 893-2900