PARENT REMINDERS - 12/1/2014
ACE Program Updates
Below are some updates about our Texas ACE Afterschool programming.
- Homework Help = is every day from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Tutorials = is available from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Students receive more focused help based on their specific needs within this time frame. This does not mean that they are receiving tutoring for 2 full hours.
- B.M.X. (Boys Making eXperiments) - will work with and learn about a robotic arm.
- G.E.M.S. - girls are working on and learning about a robotic arm. Then, they will build their microscopes.
- NOVELty - is still enjoying reading Paradise.
- Basketball - a letter/permission slip was sent home to the girls and boys who expressed an interest. Practice will be held from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM, the practice dates will be determined based on the schedule.
- In preparation for our winter show S.O.S. (Saving . Our . Selves) on Friday, December 12th the Fine Arts staff needs all Dancers, Theatre Students and Band members to stay until 6:00 PM for their respective rehearsals.
ACE Program Managergbufkin@texasempowerment.org
MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE FAIR JUDGING
Tuesday, Dec. 16th, 9:30am
3613 Bluestein Dr
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
PARENTS SHOWING THEY CARE . . .
11 Read aloud together.
12 Giggle together.
13 Be nice.
14 Say yes a lot.
15 Tell them their feelings are okay.
11Lean juntos en voz alta.
12 Ríanse juntos.
13 Sea amable.
14 Dígales sí son frecuencia.
15 Dígales que sus sentimientos son aceptables.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS (UPDATED)
- Monday, December 1 - School and Texas ACE Afterschool resumes
- Thursday, December 4 - School Picture Retakes
- Friday, December 12 -Science Fair Written Reports and Science Fair Boards Due
- Friday, December 12 - TxEA Winter Show S.O.S. (Saving . Our . Selves), 7:00 PM Huston-Tillotson Seabrook Chapel
- Tuesday, December 16 -TxEA MS Science Fair Presentations & Judging