Back To School 2020
I hope this finds everyone well and enjoying some of your "normal" summer activities.
I know there has been a lot of information sent over the past couple of weeks. I also understand the need for more specific details so parents can make an informed decision that is best for your child(ren). I am trying to be helpful by providing a lot of information in this newsletter in a way that is organized, complete, specific to Valley, but not overwhelming...if that is possible. Most of the information that I am including (along with much more) can be found on the district website at https://www.gocreek.org/apps/pages/SchoolYear20-21.
The biggest and most recent news to be aware of are the changes to our start date!
I have included the Updated 2020-2021 Calendar below.
1st-5th Grade Students with Last Names A-K will start August 24th
1st-5th Grade Students with Last Names L-Z will start August 25th
Kindergarten Students will receive a letter next week with their testing and start dates
Parents now have until August 5th to choose the educational option for their child(ren).
Please log into OneView to make your choice at https://beavercreek.esvportal.com/
Please take time to read through the information in this newsletter and do not hesitate to email or call me with questions.
This Newsletter at a Glance:
2020-2021 School Year Calendar
Restart Plan Power Point
Restart Expectations for Parents, Students, Teachers, Administrators, Staff
Additional Specifics for Valley Procedures (arrival, dismissal, recess, lunch, specials)
QManager Dismissal App for Parent Pick Up (more details to come)
Right at School Onsite Daycare Information
Parent FAQ's about School Starting
2020-2021 Supply Lists
PTO Sponsored 1st Day School Supply Kits
2019-2020 Yearbook Information
Please follow me at @Valleyprincipal.
Valley Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/Valley-Elementary-School-1009571372465970/
Please contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions throughout the year.
937-429-7597 ext. 2540
Valley Specific Changes
- Students will not be exiting cars, buses, or entering the building until 9:00 AM
- This is to eliminate the large gathering of students in the lobby before heading to classrooms.
- Right at School Daycare Program will be available if parents need an earlier drop off time(information below)
- The tardy bell will now ring at 9:15 AM
- Parents dropping students off will need to use Woodgreen Dr and pull up along the painted blue line (primary side of the building)
- Parents picking students up will need to use Woodgreen Dr and pull up along the painted blue line (primary side of the building)
- Parents will wait in cars and use the QManager Dismissal App (see flyer below) or sign students out with the assigned staff member at the car line (iPad)
- More details to come about the app
- Lunch time-frame expanded to allow for one class to enter at a time
- Reduction of number of classes in the lunchroom at one time
- Different homerooms will not share tables
- Students will have assigned seats
- One class at a time will dismiss to recess
- Only one grade level at a time on a playground
- Alternating playgrounds during lunchtime to keep only one grade level at a time
- Homerooms are staggered to limit the amount of time of contact between them
- Students will wash and/or sanitize hands after recess
- Only one homeroom at a time using the restrooms
- Students will sanitize hands before entering the bathroom and wash hands before leaving the bathroom
- Drinking fountains will be off
- Bottle Filling Stations (installed last year...thank you PTO!) will be available to use
- Students encouraged to bring their own water bottle
- Bottled water will be available if a student is in need of it (forgot/spilled/lost)
Unified Arts (Specials):
- Students will travel to the art, music, gym, skills lab, and library as normal
- Student areas (when applicable) sanitized before a student sits down and then again before they leave
- Shared materials limited as much as possible or sanitized before used again
- Procedures in place for returned library books before returned to circulation (based on CDC guidelines)
QManager Parent App for Dismissal
Right at School Onsite Daycare Available at Valley!
Parent FAQ's about the Start of the Year!
2020-2021 Supply Lists
The Valley PTO is a volunteer organization. It is through your financial support and volunteer
assistance that we can make Valley the best experience possible for our children. Join us in
placing our children’s education and social learning experiences as a top priority.
You may contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stay connected on
our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ValleyElementaryPTO/
We invite you to attend our PTO meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of every month in the IMC
(Library) at 6:30 p.m.
The Valley PTO
Amazon Smile to Support Valley PTO
Hey Valley Vikings - did you know you can support our school by shopping at smile.amazon.com? Amazon smile donates a portion of your orders to our PTO. Read below to find out how you can help!
1. Log into your account
2. In the top right corner click "Account and Lists"
3. Under the left list "Your Lists" click "AmazonSmile Charity List"
4. Click "get started"
5. Search "Valley Elementary School Beavercreek Ohio" (PLEASE BE SURE TO SELECT "our" SCHOOL and not another city's)
6. Check yes to agree to shop at smile.amazon.com in order to give our school credit. (nothing changes with your account, points, prime membership, etc.)
As always, thank you for your support!
If you were unable or missed Yearbook Pick Up last spring, you may stop by the office any day between 8:00am and 3:00pm.
We do have some soft cover yearbooks still available for purchase ($14).
Congratulations again to our cover contest winners, Makenzi Orf and Luke Yancey!