The Patrick Henry Post
October 21st, 2022
Highlight on Patrick Henry Families
At Patrick Henry, we have a beautiful community of families who are raising our students. We love how different every family is, and we celebrate each one of our students' support systems. Thank you for coming to Parent-Teacher Conferences, and thank you for your deep involvement in your child's school life. School simply cannot happen without family support, and your child is growing every day because of you!
Academic Interventions At Home
Teacher Made At-Home Reading and Math Interventions
Extra Reading Interventions
- 11 Ways Parents Can Help Their Child Learn to Read
- 4 Tips to Support Reading at Home
- Read with your child every night at home before bedtime - make it part of the bedtime routine!
- Allow your child to choose books to read with you, even if they seem "too hard" or "too easy" for your child. Support them with difficult texts and let them feel successful with easier texts.
- Practice reading everything, no matter where you are! The grocery store has labels for everything!!
Extra Math Interventions
- 5 Ways to Build Math Fluency
- Khan Academy - Free to Create a Login!
- Review your child's math homework with them every day and ask them to explain the math strategy they are using. Math is VERY different from when we were kids, so ask your child to show you the new strategies!
- Practice math problems no matter where you are! You can create a math word problem out of just about any real world situation.
- Review your child's addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts until it is a routine and easy for them to remember.
Missed Parent Teacher Conferences? No problem!
Highlights outside of Patrick Henry
5th Grade Field Trip - JA BizTown
Thank you to our chaperones, who made sure our students had a safe, fun experience. Thank you to SLPS, for sponsoring this trip all the way out to Chesterfield, MO. Thank you to Junior Achievement, for the consistent partnership and opportunity!
Lower Elementary Grade Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch
Thank you to our chaperones for making this trip possible, and to Ms. Versen for planning this adventure for our students!
Thank you, Live! By Loews
Supporting the Patrick Henry Staff
October 24th - 28th: Red Ribbon Week
- Monday, October 24th: Nerd Day...Celebrate your inner nerd and dress up in your most brainiac outfit!
- Tuesday, October 25th: Twin Tuesday...Connect with a classmate and dress alike for the whole day!
- Wednesday, October 26th: Wacky Tacky Wednesday...Dress up in your weirdest, craziest, most mis-matched outfit ever!
- Thursday, October 27th: Throwback Thursday...Dress up in an old school outfit from another decade or a different phase of your life!
- Friday, October 28th: Halloween Costumes...Dress up in whatever you'd like for Halloween, just remember that students can't bring weapons, even if they are part of a costume!
October 28th: Halloween at Patrick Henry
- Donate candy to the school for our candy stations (all candy welcome!)
- Volunteer the day of the event (Friday, October 28th, 1:00-2:30pm) - We need people to help run our stations, walk with the students through the event, and support the teachers as they assist students with costumes and candy collection
- Donate bags for the students to use to collect and hold their candy
Parents must be a registered volunteer with the district in order to participate in this event. Please contact Shanice Webb for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org, 314.231.7284
October 31st: Attendance Celebration
- 0 absences
- 0 late arrivals (students must arrive before 8:10am)
- 0 early dismissals (students must stay at school until 2:52pm)
An invitation will be sent to families who qualify by Ms. Shanice Webb. If you have questions about your child's attendance, please call the school at 314.231.7284 or email email@example.com.