Welcome to the White House!
Alex Franck P.4
A major issue in the 2016 Presidential Election
The official flag of the radical Islamic group ISIS. Which stands for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
The current "president" of Russia, Vladimir Putin.
San Bernardino Shooters
The couple that left 14 dead in San Bernardino, California on December 2nd, 2015.
Most Important Traits of a President
My Top 5 Traits
2. A strong president needs to be able to motivate the country during tough times. Times have been rough since 9/11 and we need to get the United States fired up once again.
3. Leaders need to be able to ignore the toxicity and continue to do what they believe is best for the country. The need to have a flexible personality that is willing to take criticism.
4. The president needs to master the skill of decision making and be able to make crucial decisions under an immense amount of pressure.
5. Presidents need to be able to resolve conflicts in a peaceful between two parties while still keeping the nation's best interests.
What are the requirements to become the President of the United States?
Constitutional Requirements to become President
By the time of their inauguration, the President and Vice President must be:
- natural born citizen
- at least 35 years old
- inhabitants of the United States for at least fourteen years.
Perks, Benefits, and Salary of the President
What President's receive during their time in office
Perks/Benefits : The President gets to live in the White House, has his own personal staff, can host activities on the South Lawn, gets his own transportation services such as Air Force One, their own Security, and a healthy pension after their time in office.
What powers are given to the President?
Constitutional powers given to the President
2. Executive : Opinions of Cabinet Secretaries
3. Judicial : Pardons
4. Diplomatic : Advice and Consent Clause
5. Executive : Recess appointments
6. Executive : State of the Union Address
7. Executive : Making recommendations to Congress
8. Diplomatic : Receiving foreign representatives
9. Judicial : Caring for the faithful execution of law
10. Executive: Calling Congress into extraordinary session; adjourning Congress
I personally believe the power to command the military is most important since our military is the only way to influence the parts of the world in which we have no allies. The military allows us to shape the world and if we don't use it wisely, destroy the world.