Mission: To Get Safe Products Into The Hands Of Everyone.
I have something really cool that I want to share with you, and I hope you'll just give me a few minutes. I am excited to tell you that I have joined forces with an impressive, young company called Beautycounter.
The mission of Beautycounter is to get SAFE products into the hands of everyone. They are doing this not only by providing safe products, but also through educating consumers about the lack of regulation in the personal care industry, and by partnering with organizations that are working to change that.
· two skin care lines for the face
· a hair and body collection
· make-up collection (lips, eyes, face)
· a kids’ collection
· a baby collection
Their full color cosmetic line launched last fall and it is VERY exciting!
All of these products are safe, chic, effective and non-toxic. Everything that Beauty should be.
My Story and Motivation
We all make conscious decisions to exercise, recycle, clean without chemicals, eat organic foods, but what are you putting on your skin the largest organ in your body…isn't that just as important?
Recently someone mentioned to me Stacy Malken's book, Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry. I immediately bought the book, read it cover to cover, started researching products and tried spreading the word. The safer personal beauty products I was seeking were difficult to find or didn't exist.
I started paying attention.
- The US has not passed a federal law to regulate the ingredients used in personal care products since 1938.
- The US bans or restricts only 11 ingredients from cosmetics. The EU bans 1300 and Beautycounter restricts over 1500.
- Did you know that only about 10% of the chemicals commonly found in personal care products have any safety data? Many common products contain ingredients like lead, formaldehyde and phthalates, and were putting them on our bodies and our kids bodies on a daily basis. Our skin absorbs up to 60% of what you put on it.
- 80% of cosmetic ingredients have never been tested for safety.
I was frustrated...I LOVE that it took a woman just like me that was fed up and decided to do something about it. Immediately, I knew Beautycounter and I shared a mission. I wanted be a part of the movement and get information out to everyone I know so that together we can all make more informed safer choices for ourselves and our loved ones.
It's Time to Make a Change!
But Do They Work?
I have been using them, Chris uses them, and Sutton uses the Kidscounter body wash, shampoo and conditioner. My skin is softer, brighter, healthier and I don't feel guilty! The skin care and body care lines are even VEGAN. The cosmetic line is fabulous!!
- Beautycounter does not do any animal testing, nor do any of their independent testing labs.
- The emphasis of Beautycounter is on SAFETY, but many of their ingredients are natural, organic, vegan and gluten-free.
- The kidscounter line is even nut-free.
One Change at a Time.
Ways You Can Support This Movement.
- Products can be purchased directly from my website, or through a one-on-one consultation. They can also be purchased through small get-togethers (Beautycounter calls them “socials”)…which could simply mean a couple of us meeting up for happy hour and I bring some products.
Check your current products at EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database
Take a peek at Beautycounter’s “Never List above. This is a list of ingredients you will never find in their products. If you’re passionate about safety, you might be interested in checking your own products for these ingredients.
Feed yourself information. Ask me to add you to our local community page. It is a private group created to keep you informed on these issues. It can be found at Beautycounter With Alena. Even if you never purchase one product from me, the page is designed to be a place to share articles and ideas about wellness and living in a healthier world.
Ask me for samples! I am happy to provide you a sample for any product you are interested in. Makeup is the one product I am not able to sample, so swing on by one day and try it out.
Join me. I need business partners to help me make a difference. I really believe in this. You’ll earn commission, get a discount on your own products, but most importantly, you’ll help CREATE CHANGE. You won’t be offered prizes like cars. Beautycounter would rather put that extra money into one of their three trusted non-profit partners.