Greer Middle College Charter H.S.
Wednesday Wrap Up
- Friday will be an "A" day. We will have a regular dress down day for students.
- Per Laura's email, we will have our TAP program review this Friday along with Cluster in B4 at 1:50. Please read Laura's email thoroughly and in particularly look at the Bring Back piece to include stacking your student work into High Medium and Low with ONE class. Vickie will meet with us after Cluster to review or go over intake conference process for Saturday.
- We asked a few of you to provide your SLO for program review. If it is in notebook form, I will need it tomorrow to make copies and will get back to you prior to Friday's Cluster.
- Progress reports: grades are to be completed by noon on Thursday, Feb. 18. You do NOT have to print a verification. Progress reports will be distributed on 2-19 during Blazer Block.
- February 20 will be our family intake conferences to be held at the social hall of Praise Cathedral. All teachers are to be there and you do receive exchange hours for this event. This event is for our future 9th grade students and parents. We will do this in one session starting at 8:30 a.m. so you will have the rest of your Saturday!
- On Friday, Feb. 26, a couple of our board members will meet with all of us after Cluster. This is about being a TAP finalist.
- Thank you to Mrs. Bailey and crew for taking around 100 students to the SC Beta Club conference. Our students excelled at a state conference.
- On Feb. 11, Mrs. Small sent to you a PDF version of the insurance benefits guide.
- Link 1: http://reallearningct.com/2016/02/09/the-tide-is-turning-high-school-is-coming-back/ Great article on how college admissions is changing and the implications for high schools.
- Link 2: http://technologyinliteracyed.edublogs.org/category/voices-from-the-field/Another great article on infographics in the classroom--notice the author!
Have a great rest of the week!