EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #17
December 14, 2015
We hope you are enjoying Reindeer Days – more surprises are coming your way this week. Kelli & I want to thank you for your hard work so far this year & wish each of you a relaxing holiday with some well-WELL- deserved time off. We both enjoy working with you so much & wish you & your families the most joyous of holiday seasons. During the break I will think of “my favorite things” often & recall the stories you share with your students, with each other, your sense of humor, your passion, & your willingness to always improve your practice.
Thanks for caring. Thanks for persevering through the difficult & stressful times. Thanks for finding blessings even when things appear bleak. It has been a fantastic 2015; I’m looking forward already to seeing you all again for what promises to be an even brighter 2016. We have made a real difference with our work here at EME because we teach with Passion every day! Enjoy your time off to the fullest, & come back ready to hit it hard for our second semester.
Important Information this week!
- As part of our Reindeer Days gifts to you, PTA volunteers will cover your classes early this week so that you may enjoy an hour lunch off campus with your team. Kelli has emailed the schedule to you. Be sure & thank our PTA for helping us with this. They have done a LOT to support & pamper you these last two weeks such as providing last Friday’s expansive breakfast!
- Please make sure you follow the district’s holiday shut down procedures as outlined in the email from Brandon Jordan last week. This is very important!
- If you have items you need included on our January calendar please get those to me early this week so I can begin working on it.
- You may begin signing up this week for your January Mini-Rise presentations. Kelli & I will have a schedule/calendar on our doors later today.
- Please complete the form I will email you today regarding what Club you want to teach in January. Copy Drew as well as me please when you return the form. Forms are due to us by Wednesday.
- You’re encouraged to visit the district Holiday Open House on Wednesday during your planning period if you are able to.
January is designated as School Board Recognition Month. The theme this year is “Super-Heroes for Schools,” which should be easy to work with in terms of recognition items & tokens of appreciation. As we do every year we ask each grade level to create a banner/sign/& or card to hang in the Board room for the January 19th board meeting. LIZ HATLEY is the board member assigned to our campus so your posters & banners can thank her individually, or you can make one for the entire board. You’ve done a remarkable job with this in the past, & I’m sure this year will be no exception. Please put this on your “to-do” list for when you return from the break.
WORDS OF THE WEEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VOCAB IS IN THIS SMORE
7th WEEK - SKYPE OUTSIDE THE DISTRICT - POSTPONING TILL AFTER MINI RISE
9th WEEK - Mini-Rise coming in January - you've already been given the questions.
You may begin scheduling with us this week.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – Grades are due at 8am, PLC’s meet
Tuesday – Progress Reports go home
Wednesday – Social Skills Magic Show, Grades 3-5 7:50-8:40, Grades K-2, 9:10-10:00, District Holiday Open House
Thursday – Dr. Parker will be visiting our campus this morning.
Friday – Class parties, Early dismissal 11:40, STAR WARS MOVIE!!!
Feeling gratitude & not expressing it is like wrapping a present & not giving it.
-William Arthur Ward
Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
- Donna McBride & Cathy Wells are to be commended for the excellent job they did when being interviewed by radio station KERA last week. The reporter seemed genuinely impressed with what he observed with our Liink program, & the feature story should air sometime this week. We will let you know when he hear back from him. Thanks Donna & Cathy for the way you represented EME!
- Danielle Adama along with Tammy Ledbetter & Tammie Willingham deserve a hearty pat on the back for the way they have reached out to one of their student’s who has been in the hospital. They visited the hospital & provided lots of TLC, comfort & encouragement when the student needed it the most! They have also Skyped with the student when she is not at school to help keep her spirits up which is greatly appreciated!
- A big THANK YOU to Shanna Harlin for opening up her beautiful home for our Christmas party on Friday…a fun time was had by all, & Shanna was a great hostess! Donna McBride won the Left Center Right game which was a lot of fun! Be sure to ask Donna about her Q-tips on Steroids story. FUNNY stuff!