A presentation by Ali Graulty
Land and water features:
- Tropical rainforest
- Mountains: Illuminati mountain (21,122')
- Rivers: Mamoré river
- Lakes: Titicaca
- Subtropical rainforest
- La Paz (administrative capital)
- Sucre (constitutional capital)
- North East: Brazil
- South: Paraguay and Argentina
- West: Chile and Peru
- The main language in Spanish. The national language of Bolivia is part of the Indo-European language family.
- The national religion is Roman Catholic (60.7%)
- Like most hispanic countries, soccer is the key sport
- Traditional dress:
- Roman Catholic: Roman Catholicism is a monotheistic religion with many beliefs and practices. Some beliefs include, the major authority of the pope, the purgatory, and doctrine of transubstantiation. The practices of the Roman Catholic religion tend to be more traditional, such as sacrament.
- 16-19% of the population is Protestant. Those who are Protestant are follows the principles of Reformation. These include Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran churches.
Bolivian Caporales Dance
The government type that Bolivia has is republic government. This means the power is distributed evenly amongst the population and they vote for governmental figures. The current president of Bolivia is Evo Morales has been in office since 22nd of January 2006, and well as the vice president, Álvaro García. They established their current constitution in 2009. This constitution provides unitary secular state.
Bolivia is one of the least developed countries in Latin America. They had an economic crisis in the 1980s, although they are now resource rich and has steady economic growth. This is why they are on stage 3 of Rostow's model, the "take off stage".
- Rice and grains
- Vegetables and fruits
- Cash crops: soy beans
- in 2013, 70% of kids aged 7-14 worked in the agriculture business
- Active livestock
- 6 million beef cattle
- All live stock
- Truck farming
Out of 108 million acres of land...
- 40% forrest (56 million acres)
- 2% crops (1 million acres)
- 8% arable but not in use
- The remaining is for other use
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldatlas.com%2Fwebimage%2Fcountrys%2Fsamerica%2Fbolivia%2Fboland.htm>.
- "Language Families ." About World Languages. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 June 2015. <http://aboutworldlanguages.com/language-families>.
- "Beauty Places | A Beautiful Places around the World." Beauty Places. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 June 2015. <http://beauty-places.com/>.
- "Read Reviews, Compare Prices, Book Your Perfect Trip." TripAdvisor: Read Reviews, Compare Prices & Book. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 June 2015. <http://www.tripadvisor.com/>.
- "53 Surreal Places You Need to Visit Before You Die - Flavorverse." Flavorverse. N.p., 26 July 2014. Web. 02 June 2015. <http://flavorverse.com/53-surreal-places-need-visit-die/>.
- "Home." Mrgilmartin -. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 June 2015. <http://mrgilmartin.wikispaces.com/>.
- "Roman Catholicism - Catholicism." Roman Catholicism - Catholicism. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 June 2015. <http://www.religionfacts.com/catholicism>.
- "Voces The Huffington Post." HuffPost Voces. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 June 2015. <http://voces.huffingtonpost.com/>.
- "Stock Photos & Video Footage." Stock Photos, Royalty Free Images & Video Footage By Dreamstime Stock Photography. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 June 2015. <http://www.dreamstime.com/>.
- "Burton's Country Portfolio." Burton's Country Portfolio. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 June 2015. <http://burtonscountryportfolio.weebly.com/>.