Mrs. Berger's Weekly Update!
February 8th, 2016
It was nice to see all of the students working online on Thursday and Friday. I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Today in class connect we will be talking about Azary's passing. Attendance to is optional.
Please read the important information below for updates for the week!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
April : )
Click above to view and print the weekly progress goal tracker
- iReady interim assessments begin today. Please have your student log in to iReady to complete both math and reading assessments before Friday. New students do not take the interim assessment, only their initial diagnostic assessments.
- Make sure students are taking their classes in order and not jumping around.
- Please pay close attention to the due dates below. Work samples will need to be MAILED to me this next collection time in March.
- Have a great week!
Mark Your Calendars
3rd Quarter: February 4th – April 14th
8th – 12th- iReady Interim Assessments
15th- President’s Day- No School
19th- LP6 PE Log Due
29th- Semester 1 Student Recognition Assembly
11th – Q3 Work Samples with Cover Sheet
*Original Work, Please mail to my address above. No emailed/scanned samples this time will be accepted.
o Language Arts (4 total= Composition, GUM, Vocab AND Literature)
o Art and Music (if applicable)
Week of March 14th- Science Fair (Unit 11 will need to be completed to participate in the Science Fair. Contact me if you are interested!)
Week of March 14th- iReady Interim Assessments
18th- LP7 PE Log Due
18th- Composition: Research Report (Unit 5) Prewriting & Final Paper
*Mail, email, or Kmail
18th- Math: TGA (Unit 9, Lesson 11)
21st-25th- Spring Break- No School
14th- Literature: Critical Skills Assignment (Unit 15)
*Mail, email, or Kmail
22rd- LP8 PE Log Due
18th- 29th- Q3 In Person Meeting Window
CAASPP (State Common Core)testing window is late April through May. More information to come soon.
4th Quarter 4: April 15th – June 17th
iReady final assessment – date TBD (in May sometime)
Check the weekly OLS plan for links to the following weekly class connect sessions:
- Homeroom: Mondays 9:30a.m. (Optional)
- Math: Tuesdays-Fridays 9a.m.
- Language Arts for GUM and Composition: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11a.m.
Student Support Classes
Students may be invited support classes throughout the week. The students invited to the classes are subject to change weekly. Links to the classes, if invited, will appear on your weekly plan.