"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." -HK
Mark your calendars...
- BOE Meeting 8:00 @ MO
- PTA Meeting 7:30 @ HGS
- #wearitwednesay -- On Oct. 19th Hillside Grade School will be joining many schools across the nation to recognize the importance of encouraging a safe and inclusive learning environment for all. We hope you and your children will join us in an act of unity by wearing the color orange on Oct. 19th, 2016. Although this act is simple, we hope that it sends the clear message that we take the matter seriously and want every child to feel comfortable and safe at school.
- Movie Night - Hotel Transylvania 2
- New Hyde Park Memorial Homecoming
- #wearitwednesday - Pink Out! Let's show our support of Breast Cancer awareness by wearing pink on this day.
- HGS PTA Halloween Party, K-3
- Happy Halloween!
- HGS Annual Parade
Your participation in the HGS PTA is appreciated and truly makes a difference in the lives of our students, staff and entire school community. Please take a moment to review the HGS PTA web site and considering taking on a leadership role in the many wonderful opportunities that are scheduled for this school year.
HGS on TWITTER
- Thank you to our 124 followers who have signed on to our HGS Twitter page - @teamhillside. Using Twitter will be a unique platform to "tell our story" and to highlight the amazing things that are happening in our school community. Spread this word and stay connected!
Bridging the home/school connection...
Check out these links below regarding how you can support literacy at home:
HGS PTA MOVIE NIGHT
Friday, Oct. 21st, 7pm
150 Maple Drive West
New Hyde Park, NY
HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 2...bring your lawn chairs, blankets & favorite snacks! It's sure to be an awesome night :)
A very special thank you to our PTA for hosting an amazing Buddy Day at HGS! Our staff and students had a memorable time bonding with one another and enjoyed participating in the many planned activities. It truly was a wonderful collaboration of parents and teachers, and we are truly appreciative of your efforts in making out school such a special place.