Week at a Glance
- 7:30 a.m.--grade level collaboration
- 9:30 a.m.--meeting--Caitlin & Karen
- 11:00 a.m.--meeting--Patrice & Karen
- 12:30 p.m.--meeting--Lisa & Karen
- 3:00 p.m.--meeting--Dawn & Karen
- 7:30 a.m.--meeting--Sheri & Karen
- 9:00 a.m.--meeting--Josh & Karen
- 2:50-3:30 p.m.--K-2 meeting with Karen
- 2:45 p.m.-???--Student Council meeting
- 8:00 a.m.--meeting--Heather G. & Karen
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--Book Buddies; gr. 3-6
- Hungry Howie's Pizza Night
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--Spell Bowl practice
- 6:00 p.m.--6th grade parent meeting and laptop distribution
- 7:30 a.m.--ISTEP testing security meeting for all staff who report to school at 7:30 a.m.; Meeting in MP room
- 11:00 a.m.--porkburgers delivered for those who ordered them
- p.m.--Karen, Caitlin, & Brittany gone--Heading to Daily 5 conference :-)
- K-2 MEETING: I will be discussing the information I learned about BURST at our meeting. Please bring an additional questions you have about the program since we last met.
- ISTEP TEST SECURITY MEETING: All staff members except kitchen staff need to be trained on test security practices. This Friday will be for any staff member who regularly reports to school by 7:30 a.m. For those who are not at school by 7:30 a.m., I will be running another session the following week during the school day for you. All staff members need to attend a training and sign the training verification page by September 30. If any itinerant teacher has been trained at another school building this year, please provide a copy of that verification form to me by September 30. This training has to be done annually.
- REMINDER: All students should be walked to the bus doors by their teacher each day. Do not send handfuls of students out to the bus. By walking as a group it is less likely that students will detour from the group and all will get out to the bus on time. Please remind older students to yield to the younger students as classes exit the building. Thanks for your help!
- DAILY 5 CONFERENCE: Caitlin, Brittany and I will be attending the national Daily 5 conference September 14 and 15. We will not be returning until the evening of the 16th so we will not be at school that day. Because I will also be gone the afternoon of the 13th, Josh has modified his schedule so that he can be here on Monday the 16th and then Rome City on the 17th.
A few of you utilize email distribution lists to send information to your students' parents. Below are a couple examples of how teachers have used smore.com as a communication tool via email. Smore is very easy to use, and I would be happy to show you how to create a flyer or newsletter. Just let me know how I can help! :-)
You can view examples of how others have used smore.com by going to the website.