Friday, October 22nd, 2021
Upcoming Dates to Note:
- Thursday, 10/28: "Coffee with Coffey" Chat with Dr. Sarah Coffey, 9am at Field Park
- Friday, 10/29: Halloween Parade, 1pm (outdoors) and Halloween Parties (after that, in classrooms)
- Monday, 11/1: Late Arrival Day (10am)
- Wednesday, 11/3: Picture Day Make-Ups
- Friday, 11/5: Fun Lunch!
- Thursday, 11/11: Virtual PTO Meeting at 1pm (link coming day-of)
- Thursday, 11/11: Book Fair - shopping opens at 3:45pm (more details coming!)
- Thursday, 11/11: Special Person Night, 5-7pm in the Field Park Library
- Friday, 11/12: Last Day of the First Trimester
Halloween Parade Overview: Friday, 10/29 @1pm
Change into costumes at lunch
Must be independent (no adult assistance needed to assemble/inflate at school)
Must be able to SIT and LEARN in costume
Must be appropriate for school (no weapons, no excessive gore or excessively scary: our verbiage at school: “If it might be scary or uncomfortable to a Kindergartener, it’s not comfortable for our Field Park friends - save it for Trick or Treating!’”)
MASKS REQUIRED for COVID safety while indoors; masks may be removed outside but must be kept on hand.
Parade begins at 1pm; please be ready to view by 12:55 on the grass in the baseball field behind Field Park school -- students will parade on the sidewalk
All Parade activity BEHIND the school; front of school access is CLOSED
See route map, below: view from any grassy spot along the marked yellow route.
All Parading happens BEHIND the school, in the field by the baseball diamond.
Parents/family groups should view at safe distance from other family gatherings; please keep your safe distance
No masks are required outside
Students will return to their classrooms for their classroom parties; dismissal will be at 3:30pm
Halloween Coin Wars: Support Lurie Children's Hospital!
Halloween Coin Wars to support Lurie Children's Hospital will take place next week, October 25-29 in the classrooms. Our student council is raising money for arts & crafts supplies, pet therapy visits, music therapy, sensory toys, a butterfly release and more!
Parent Teacher Conferences: Sign Up Info Coming NEXT WEEK
REMINDERS (Repeated from Prior Updates)
New Club for 3rd and 4th Graders – Philanthropy Lab!
Special Services Parent Advisory Committee -- Parents' Night Out Event!
The D101 Special Services Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) is hosting the district's first Parents Night Out and hope to see you there!
Come mix and mingle outside, under the tent at Davanti with other D101 parents who have children receiving special services from the district. Selected red and white wines along with light appetizers are included in the $25 ticket price. Secure your tickets now as ticket sales close EOD Sunday, October 24th!
Date and time
Wed, October 27, 2021
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
Location: Davanti Enoteca
District 101 is hiring Part-Time and Full Time Teaching Assistants!
- If you are interested in working in a fantastic environment with students and know that you have the correct license, please apply directly by completing an application: District 101 Applications
- If you are not sure what you would need to do to become a teaching assistant and would like more information, please review these details: TA/Sub Requirements
- If you would like to explore a little bit more about the position and the next steps in the hiring process, please contact Dr. Julie Fredericks, Director of Student Services at (708) 485-2850 or email@example.com.
Disposable Mask Donations
UPDATED (9/13/21) "Should I Come to School Today" Flowchart
LIONS AGE GROUP WRESTLING PROGRAM
PROGRAM: Lions Wrestling Club is a program for elementary and middle school students that stress the fun and fundamentals of wrestling. The program also introduces competition with other clubs and provides a training site and complete schedule for the more experienced wrestlers. The program will run from November 9, 2021, through February 24, 2022. Additional information is on our website: www.LTHS.net/LWC
AGES: Kids in 2nd through 8th grade living in the LYONS TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT.