The Gayman Gazette
"What Is Your Gift"
October 16, 2015
Upcoming Important Dates
- October 19th - Parent & Child Book Club @ 5:30 PM
- October 20th - 3rd Grade Bug Night @ 6:00 PM (3F, 3P and 3H Only)
- October 21st - 3rd Grade PEN to Doylestown Architecture
- October 22nd - AM Kindergarten to None Such Farm @ 8:45 AM
- October 22nd - PM Kindergarten to None Such Farm @ 12:45 PM
- October 23rd - Race For Education
- October 26th - Parent & Child Book Club @ 5:30 PM
- October 26th - Rain Date for Race For Education
- October 27th - Spotlight On Music - Grade 3 @ 5:45 PM; Grade 4 @ 6:30 PM
- October 28th - 5th Grade to Peace Valley Nature Center
- October 28th - 6th Grade to Philadelphia Museum of Art
- October 29th - HSA Hayride at Hellerick's Farm @ 6:00 PM
- October 30th - Halloween Parade @ 9:30 AM
- October 30th - Halloween Parties @ 2:00 PM
Race For Education - October 23rd
The 7th annual Race For Education Event is fast approaching. It will be held on Friday, October 23rd, 2015.
Race times will be:
Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade: 8:55 AM - 9:55 AM
5th and 6th Grade: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
PM Kindergarten, 3rd and 4th Grade: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
We are in need of many volunteers to help ensure a fun filled & successful day for the school. Volunteers do not need to have their official clearances since it is considered a supervised event. Click on the link below for the sign-up genius.
We appreciate your continued support in Gayman's primary fundraising event!
The RFE Committee
Save The Children Fund - Wear A Hat for a $1.00
In conjunction with the RFE on Friday, October 23rd, we are requesting students wear a hat for a $1.00 to benefit the Save The Children Fund.
Save The Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-government organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in the United States and around the world.
Save The Children invests in childhood - every day, in times of crisis and for their future. The organization provides children with a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. By transforming children's lives now, we can change the course of their future and ours.
Wow..the Giving Garden looks Great and the Butterfuly Garden is amazing!!!
Do you want to be part of the team that keeps Gayman Grounds..."A Great Place To Grow"?? Come join the Grounds Crew on Saturday, October 24th from 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM for our Fall Clean Up Day!
Click on the link below for more information:
Update On District Wellness Policy Regarding Food Allergies
The Central Bucks School District's Wellness Policy regarding food allergies and holiday parties/field trips is as follows:
- Parents of food allergic students requiring an Epi-Pen are given the courtesy of going on field trips. Nurses are not available for a field trip, so this will allow parents peace of mind. Teachers have been trained on how to administer an Epi-Pen in the event of an emergency.
- It is not necessary for parents of food allergic students to attend classroom parties. A nurse is in the building during the time of classroom parties. Parents are instructed to touch base with teachers and homeroom parents informing them that their child has a food allergy. The parent is requested to provide a food item that is safe for their child to eat.
- Gayman Elementary School will adhere to the school district's wellness policy effective December 1, 2015.
Halloween Is Coming
Halloween is right around the corner and we are looking forward to a Frightful and Delightful experience. Just a couple of reminders:
- The Halloween parade will take place at 9:30 AM.
- Students are encouraged to arrive to school wearing his or her costume.
- Visitors will not be admitted into the building prior to and following the parade.
- All classroom parties will begin at 2:00 PM.
- Selected volunteers only are invited to classrooms at 1:45 PM.
- Parents who plan to prepare food for the party are asked to please deliver all items no later than 12:30 PM the day of the party.
- All chosen party helpers should arrive no earlier than 1:30 PM and enter the building through the old front door entrance.
- Party helpers should proceed to the APR to sign in and obtain a visitors badge.
- Party helpers should remain in the designated classroom until the end of the party.
- Helpers choosing to take their child home at dismissal are asked to sign their child out with their homeroom teacher. Each teacher will have a sign-out sheet available.
- Due to the fact that the parties are supervised by the homeroom teachers, there is no need to have clearances to be chosen as a party helper.
Parent Postive Series
We are excited to announce a newly formed collaboration between the Central Bucks School District, CB Cares, CB YMCA, and the Doylestown Hospital. Through this collaboration, we are hosting five parent sessions titled, Parent Positive: Partnerships creating a healthier, stronger community.
Elaine Pasqua is the first speaker in our Parent Positive Speaker Series. She is a nationally recognized expert and will be sharing her talk on: Responsible Choices: Raising Our Children to Understand the Consequences of Alcohol and Drugs. She will be presenting on October 21st at 7:00 pm in the Lenape Middle School Auditorium.
For complete details on the Parent Positive Series click on the link below:
A Spooktacular Night At Hellerick's Family Farm
The Gayman Home and School Association would like to invite all of Gayman’s ghosts and goblins to a SPOOKTACULAR night at Hellerick’s Family Farm. Please join us for a private, non-haunted hayride, flashlight corn maze, bonfire and s’mores.
When: Thursday, October 29th
Where: Hellerick's Family Farm - 5500 Easton Road - Doylestown
Time: 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Cost: $8 per person
Please click here for additional information and to confirm your attendance
Open House At Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company
Come see the Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company on Sunday, October 18th from 1-4 PM. There will be many fun events from fire truck rides, child ID program, fire safety table to meeting "Sparky" who will have gifts and fire tips for all!
For complete details click here.
October Boomerang Award
This year, Gayman will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets visit: www. Search-institute.org.
October #31. Restraint. Young person can identify, regulate, and control his/her behaviors and emotions in healthy ways, particularly in stressful or unstructured situations.