Adult and Community Education
"In The Know" - 3/29/2016
A Message from the Leadership Team
We are also gearing up for the Spring session. Catalogs are in stands across the county. Do you know a business that would allow us to place our catalogs? If so, share with the office. Kudos to the staff for working diligently in teaching their individual classes. I see some fantastic things happening in classes. This week I will be "popping in" to take pictures to highlight our classes on Facebook. If you haven't already, like our page--Collier Adult & Community Education. Summer book has gone to the printer. We are hoping to have the final product back by the first week of Spring classes. Thank you for all you do to ensure our program is successful.
Adult Education Instructors Did you know that Scott Schnappauf creates a weekly three minute YouTube video where he shares pertinent information about careers, jobs and educational opportunities relevant to our students? Make sure to take three minutes today to share the Tuesday In The Know video version by following the link below in the Education, Careers and Jobs section. This is an excellent way to start up your class with meaningful conversation.
TECHNICAL TRAINING SPOTLIGHT: CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
SPACE AVAILABLE FOR AN APRIL 20TH START DATE at Lorenzo Walker Technical College.
Applications and background checks are due this week. Students must possess good Reading, Writing and Math skills. Email email@example.com.
This 165 HOUR short term training program prepares you for employment as a nursing assistant or to begin training in the Health Science Career Field. click here for more information.
Click here to see the complete O*NET report (including salary, and job outlook information) for Nursing Assistants. This is a fast growing career field with wage potential up to $30,000 per year.
(remember a career cluster is a group or family of related careers)
To explore all the careers listed in the O*NET HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM CAREER CLUSTER CLICK HERE.
CAREERSOURCE HELPS PEOPLE FIND JOBS! CLICK ON THE LINKS FOR MORE INFORMATION
Brick masons are in high demand in the construction industry.
Complete the first year of your apprenticeship with 6 weeks of classroom training
plus additional On-the-Job training with local contractors. Click here to learn more!
SERVICES FOR STUDENTS UNDER THE AGE OF 25!
YOU could earn up to $575 by participating in a program to help you with your career.
WWW.EMPLOYFLORIDA.COM click on this link to bring you to a great job search tool!
After-School Tutor/Summer Day camp Counselor Salvation Army $9.98 per hour
Preloader Suppressed $11.00 per hour
Construction Laborer Alen Construction Group, Inc. $12.00 to $16.00 per hour
Dock Assistant Freedom Boat Club Bonita Springs, FL $9.00 to $10.00 per hour
Residential Cleaning Professional Spectrum Concierge $11.00 to $13.00 per hour
Commercial Cleaning Professional Spectrum Concierge $11.00 to $13.00 per hour
ARE YOU PLANNING ON TRANSITIONING TO COLLEGE NEXT YEAR?
If you are planning on transitioning into college next year in Summer or Fall, NOW IS THE TIME TO GET STARTED! Applications, entry testing, financial aid and registration all take time. Don't wait to get started. Email SCHNAPSC@COLLIERSCHOOLS.COM to schedule a time to sit down and plan your future!
Hitting the Mark - Taking a Deeper Dive Into Reading (March 22, 2016) Presented by Bonnie Goonen and Susan Pittman
The GED® test requires that students possess strong reading skills across all content areas, including mathematics. Explore close reading strategies that will assist your students in meeting the standards for the GED® test. This session focuses on reading strategies for working with informational text, as well as strategies for interpreting problems on the Mathematical Reasoning test. Learn about specific test-taking tips and resources that will assist your students in hitting the mark and earning a high school credential.
- Adult Ed Coordinators GoTo Meeting Wednesday, 3/30 at 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- ESOL Instructors The FLDOE Division of Career and Adult Education and ACE of Florida are pleased to announce: EL-Civics and Communications Skills Workshop Presented by Claire Valier at Lorenzo Walker Technical College Saturday, April 16, 2016 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. This workshop will be a paid workshop only open to 35 ESOL Instructors. For additional information and to register please follow link above.
- Be familiar with the content – and your students’ progress – in all four subjects.
- Guide students through the GED® program.
- Evaluate often.
- Monitor student data.
- Develop learning communities.
- Use a range of materials.
- April 9 Come and join us for a fun filled evening at the Florida Everblades. We will have fun together as we watch the hockey team. If you pay by check or cash, the money must get to Belynda Williams in the Community Education office 5 days prior to the event, or pay by credit card by calling Group Sales at 239.948.7825 Ext. 1500. Tell them it is for the Adult and Community Education Night. All proceeds benefit the Community Education program. CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE ORDER FORM.
3/27 Kathleen Blackburn
3/29 Colleen Humphries3/31 Lidia Camp
4/1 Barbara Villa
4/3 Pierre Adrace