October 17 - October 21st
I hope you had a restful weekend and are ready to get back at the job.
Wishing Ms. Crestik the best in her new position!
- We are sad to see you go, but we are happy to have had the chance to work with an amazing individual like yourself. We wish you good luck and success in your new position! Best Wishes Always!
- Thank you to everyone who participated in our gathering on Friday and we also thank Ms. Norriss, Ms. Sainz, and Mr. Deyo for decorating and organizing our event. It was a beautiful family reunion!
This week is Digital Citizenship Week.
- The California State Legislature just formally declared the week of
October 16–22, 2016, as Digital Citizenship Week! We will make the announcement tomorrow morning and will have the students take a pledge on Friday.
Social Skill: Respect
- I have included some resources for us to share with students regarding "respect". I understand that you are not expected to teach during advisory but would like to ask that we at least consider the following:
1. Show the commercial created by "values.com" on Tuesday, October 18th. (two minute video)
2. Read Jackie Robinson's Biography during advisory on October 19th. The biography is very short. I have attached both the website where you can find the article and will ask Ms. Tom to push the article out to our students through Canvas.
Faculty Meeting this Wednesday
We will be meeting as a faculty this Wednesday to continue our Restorative Practices training. Dr. Mariana Gomez will be joining us. We will be meeting in the library at 3:20 pm.
Kaiser Permanente Play
Just a reminder that we will be on a modified schedule this Thursday, October 20th to accommodate the Kaiser Permanente Play. Please review schedule below.
Red Ribbon Week
Next week is Red Ribbon Week. The students will participate in a different activities all week. Ms. Price will the calendar this week.
We will have our 3rd Anti-Bullying Day on December 2nd. Please review schedule below.
Thank you and have a great week!
resources for our October Social Skill: Respect
Week at a Glance
Wednesday, Oct. 19th, 3:15pm
1. Restorative Practices (continued) (Dr. Gomez)
2. Safety Update (Ms. Wise)
3. Read Across Chula Vista Middle (Ms. Gracias)
4. Red Ribbon Week Update (Ms. Price)