Bethany Bunch eNews
April 5, 2017
Word of the Week: smudge
verb: to mark with dirty streaks or smears
Did You Know??
One blessing and curse of technology is its global access to materials using cellular data. Teachers are always vigilant in supervising students while they are on devices, especially those brought from home. Students who choose to use the cellular data on their phones or tablets while at school instead of the district's wifi lose the protection of the district's filters and open access to materials that may not be appropriate for school. If a teacher notices a student looking at inappropriate materials, the student's device will be immediately confiscated and held until a parent can retrieve the device. We take very seriously the safety of students including in cyberspace.
Please visit regularly with your students about the dangers and benefits of the information available on the internet. Help provide settings on their devices and provide guidance to insure they are protected from those wanting to cause them harm or materials that are inappropriate. Thanks for helping your students remain healthy users of the information highway.
- Friday, April 7th: Bethany Choir Spring Show 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 12th: Bluebonnet Breakfast 7:15 a.m. (see below for details)
- Friday, April 14th and Monday, April 17th: Student/Teacher Holidays
- Thursday, April 27th: 1st Grade Music Program 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 28th: PTA Color Run 5:15 p.m.