Meet Your Teacher & Drop Off Supplies
Join us for our Meet the Teacher event on Tuesday, August 16, for sixth-graders and Wednesday, August 17, for grades kindergarten through fifth. This is the time to informally meet your child's teacher as you help your child drop off supplies.
Parents are expected to park in a permitted parking spot before entering the school. If families are unable to visit the school during this time, teachers will make time on the first day of school for students to organize their desks and lockers.
Sprague Schedule, Wednesday, August 17
7:30 to 8:00 a.m. - Last Names of Child A-M.
8:15 to 8:45 a.m. - Last Names of Child N-Z.
If Sprague families are unable to visit school during this time, parents may meet teachers during curriculum night, which is highlighted in your principal's back to school letter. Students are discouraged from attending curriculum night.
Families bring in shoeboxes with lids if you have ones you don't need.
Half Day Schedule Wednesday, August 17
7:30 to 8:00 a.m. - Last Names of Child N-Z.
8:15 to 8:45 a.m. - Last Names of Child A-M.
Parking is EXTREMELY RESTRICTED at Half Day, at the library, and at the nearby retail areas.
To ensure everyone arrives on time for the Meet the Teacher event, we are asking parents to take advantage of off-site parking with shuttle service. As a service to our families, ample parking is offered at 111 Barclay Blvd., Lincolnshire, slightly southwest of the school (location of the district offices). Please park in the far lot.
The shuttle will run every 5-10 minutes from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. to transport families to Half Day School with return service to the parking lot on Barclay. Families will be picked up in front of the building.
If Half Day families are unable to visit the school during this time, parents may meet teachers during curriculum night, which is highlighted in your principal's back to school letter. Students are discouraged from attending curriculum night.
Daniel Wright Schedule Tuesday, August 16
- 8:00 to 8:45 a.m. - Sixth-Graders only. Sixth-graders were given the opportunity to drop off their supplies this week. This visit is meant for students to meet their teachers.
- Daniel Wright does not schedule a meet the teacher visit for seventh- and eighth-graders.
- If sixth-grade families are unable to visit the school during this time, parents may meet teachers during sixth-grade curriculum night from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Monday, August 29. Students are discouraged from attending curriculum night.
Read Your Principal's Back to School Letter
School Bus Assignments
District 103 bus assignments became available after 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 12, in PowerSchool/Parent Portal. After you log in, on the left side of the screen open up Quick Links, then Portal Log In. A Transportation tab is on the left side of the screen where you can view bus assignments. For transportation questions, please email Schoolbus@d103.org or call 847-295-8258.
- If you need to make special accommodations for your child due to day care arrangements, please fill out the Day Care Bus Stop Request Form.
- If you need to make special accommodations for your child due to custody arrangements, please fill out the Joint Custody Transportation Request Form.
- If you do not plan on having your child ride the bus to or from school for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete this Bus Opt-out Form.
- Please review the Transportation Updates document for important information about bus stop locations, expected student behavior while riding the bus, and safety precautions.
Back to School Checklist
Please read your Principal's Back to School letter in the D103 Back to School Folder for important dates and other important back to school news.
Subscribe to the district website calendar for ongoing districtwide related events and subscribe to your child’s school calendar for timely events.
Bookmark Communication resources of interest to you ~ school Facebook page, Instagram, School news, etc.
Turn in Health Forms (if required).
Fill Out a Bus Stop Request Form (if needed).
Complete your Summer Reading Book (Gr 6-8).
Have you shopped for school supplies? School supplies purchased through the PTO’s 1stDay School Supplies are being delivered to students’ homes. All other supplies can be found on our School Supplies website page.
The D103 PTO is a completely volunteer-run organization, dedicated to enhancing and enriching the educational experience of our students. Please visit the PTO store to become a member.
Leaders in Learning
Location: 111 Barclay Blvd, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, USA