Twin Oaks Elementary
May 16, 2022
Dear Twin Oaks Families,
Morning Drop-off: Please do not drop your children off in the morning unless there is adult supervision. We have two staff scheduled to help with arrival in the lower parking lot to ensure that students are safe. Supervision is scheduled every morning between 7:35-7:55am. Thank you!
Key Dates for 2022-2023: The school board has approved the district schedule for 2022-2023. Some of the dates that are important to families are listed below.
Volunteering at Twin Oaks: There have been fewer opportunities to volunteer at Twin Oaks since the beginning of the pandemic. As restrictions are lifted we will be able to welcome volunteers into our school, classrooms and library. Our hope is that in September we will be open to all volunteers. Many of you do not have a current volunteer application completed and the required documentation submitted. If you are considering volunteering in the future please review the information on the 4J website. If you have any questions please reach out to Ms. Jacelyn or myself.
Volunteer Application and Guidelines
- Volunteer Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability
- Volunteer Application
- About Background Checks for Volunteers
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Ms. Denisa Taylor
TOSA Meeting Minutes
Date May 10th, 2022
7:00pm – 8:00pm via ZOOM
Welcome and Introductions: Denisa Taylor, Stefanie Murphy, Justin Gottwald, Jennie Boone, Lindsey Sholian, Jacelyn Horwood, Kayla Pike, Erika Honor
Teacher Report: Kayla Pike and Jodi Black will be starting alphabet days as a way to count down to the end of the school year.
- Bank account currently at around $10,000.
- Just deposited $923 in cash from Read-a-Thon. Still haven’t deposited the $8500 from Paypal as we are waiting on resolution on double charges. Once resolved, deposit will be made into general account.
Recent Event Recap:
- Nothing Bundt Cakes did not fare well as a fundraiser. Only had 5 flyers submitted for the whole week, one of which was from TOSA for teacher appreciation.
- No information yet as to the result of Panda Express as they can take about six weeks.
Upcoming Events and Community Outreach:
- Handel’s Ice Cream is May 25th. A flyer will be going home with students.
- Tap and Growler will be the 1st part of June.
- 5th grade graduation is June 16th. Students are working on their final projects. Kona Ice will be on sight for them. Lauren Reed is spearheading. She can be contacted if parents want to help.
- Field Day is June 17th and is for all students. Volunteers are needed.
- If you haven’t signed up already to volunteer for Twin Oaks, now’s the time to do it! Go to https://www.4j.lane.edu/hr/volunteers/ and fill out the application. Super Easy!
Principal’s Report – Denisa Taylor:
- Students are still working on their OSAT’s. Teachers are doing a great job with reducing their stress of test-taking.
- Outdoor School will be May 12th (half day), 13th, and 14th (full days). The students are super excited!
- Book Vending Machine has been ordered but will likely not be here before the end of the year. There are some things which need to be done when it arrives, like having a forklift available to move the vending machine into place, having an outlet to connect it to, to name a few.
- Something to consider: Do we want to keep TOSA on Zoom or do we want to take it back to live and in person? It was also brought up to have it both ways. Tabled for further discussion.
Open Floor for Questions and Comments:
- Site Council: Ms. Denisa will be attending a meeting on Monday, May 16th to determine when we will need to meet next.
- Fun Run: We are going to hold the Fun Run in the Fall, late September. Ms. Denisa and Justin will talk to Kate Friesen to see if she will stand as the coordinator, as she has done an amazing job in years past. It was determined to move Fun Run to the fall so we could spread out the two big fundraisers. We have held the Read-a-Thon on March to run in conjunction with Read Across America.
Dates for next year:
- Book Fair: Nov.8th, 9th, and 10th
- Harvest Party: Friday, October 28th: Mrs. Denisa will notify Lindsey and Katie.
Open board positions for next year:
- Erika Honor will be moving into the President’s position, vacating the Vice-President Position. This position is a 1 year position with the second year serving as the President.
- The other vacant position will be that of the Treasurer. This has typically been a 2 year position.
We would love to see some new faces at TOSA! We are dedicated to helping the students, parents, and community of Twin Oaks and we are A LOT of fun!
* Thank you for being here tonight! *
We value your participation in TOSA and your commitment to Twin Oaks.
Join us again at the next TOSA meeting:
Tuesday, June 14th @ 7:00pm
Twin Oaks Elementary Fundraiser ~ Wednesday, May 25th
Outdoor School for 5th Graders
ABC Countdown to the End of the School Year
A is for Art
B is for Bubbles
C is for Chalk
Parachute Fun in PE
Kids in Transition to School (KITS) Summer Program
The Eugene Kids In Transition to School (KITS) summer program is intended for students who will be entering kindergarten in Fall, 2022.
During the KITS program your kids will:
*Learn to make friends & cooperate
*Build beginning reading & counting skills
*Learn skills to reduce parenting stress
*Learn how to connect with your child’s school
KITS is free and open to all incoming Kindergarten students! We encourage all interested families to apply. Families will be notified about the status of their application by the start of June .
KITS is a 2 hour program and will run 3 days a week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from June 28, 2022 through August 18, 2022. KITS will be located at three regional locations:
- Chávez Elementary
- Holt Elementary
- River Road Elementary/El Camino del Río.
- Transportation will be available.
- Morning and afternoon options available.
- The Eugene KITS Summer Program follows the Eugene School District COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- For questions or assistance, please contact Gretta Sagolla at 541-790-7709.
- Please apply by Monday, May 23rd.
URL to link to English Application: https://forms.gle/WoPp1KC3R4BGGjmX6
URL to link to Spanish Application: https://forms.gle/LZZki5yo9PdtHK9J7
Care Solace - A Resource for 4J Families, Students and Staff
4J families, does your student or a family member need help with mental health care? Eugene School District 4J is providing students, staff and their families free access to Care Solace, a confidential care coordination service, to help provide an additional layer of care and address the growing need for mental health care and substance abuse treatment.
Care Solace will connect you to verified community care providers matched to your needs, including providers that accept your medical insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, or sliding scale options for those without insurance. Their care companion team is always available. Get help finding care providers that meet your needs at caresolace.com/eugene or call 888-515-0595 anytime, day or night, in any language. (Note, Care Solace is not a mental health service provider or emergency response service. In the event of a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or the National Suicide Hotline at 800-273-8255.)
Familias de 4J, ¿Necesitan ayuda con la atención de salud mental de algún miembro de su familia? El Distrito Escolar de Eugene 4J brinda a los estudiantes, el personal y sus familias acceso gratuito a Care Solace, un servicio confidencial de coordinación de cuidados, para ayudar a proporcionar una capa adicional de atención a la salud mental y tratamiento de abuso de sustancias para abordar la creciente necesidad de atención mental.
Care Solace le conectará con proveedores de atención comunitaria verificados que se ajusten a sus necesidades, incluidos los proveedores que aceptan su seguro médico, Medicaid, Medicare u opciones de pago por escala de ingresos para aquellos sin seguro. Su equipo de acompañantes de cuidados siempre está disponible. Obtenga la ayuda de contactos que satisfaga sus necesidades en caresolace.com/eugene o llame al 888-515-0595 en cualquier momento, de día o de noche, en cualquier idioma. (Tenga en cuenta que Care Solace no es el proveedor de los servicios de salud mental ni un servicio de respuesta a emergencias. En caso de una emergencia de vida o muerte, llame al 911 o a la Línea Nacional de Suicidio al 800-273-8255).