Call for EVS volunteers
FundacjaMobilniPolacy is looking for volunteers-6months EVS
Fundacja Mobilni Polacy
It was officially registered in 2010 in the town of Milicz which is located in the beautiful Barycz Valley, 55 km from Wroclaw . The Foundation is currently conducting
work in four areas:
1) Exchanges for young people and international voluntary service
2) Cooperation with the Poles in exile and with Polish re-emigrants in Poland
3) Contributing to the growth of social participation of people who are politically not involved and increasing in social control over those involved politically
4) Supporting and organizing initiatives associated with artistic photography and film
Our actions under EVS projects and Youth in Action Program and now Erasmus+ are held since 2011. We also coordinate, host and send EVS volunteers. We realize youth exchanges and trainings of soft skills for young people. Thanks to our work, district of Milicz hosted many EVS volunteers. Their presence here has a real impact on breaking of different nationalistic stereotypes and on that we try to focus our activity – through common work of volunteers from Europe and partner countries and local youths prove, that cooperation “down there” is a value without which European Union will be only bureaucratic colossus with feet of clay. We cooperate with local autonomies and other NGOs in order to increase the quality of activities which we carry for the local community.
What we want to achieve during EVS project:
1. Improvement and development of the new methods of work of EVS volunteers (language barrier) with disabled people and children
2. Make everybody aware (volunteers, disabled people, students in the club – rooms) that barriers can be overcome. The success of work is not a coincidence but a result of the hard and systematic work in accordance with the predispositions of the volunteer in the direction of development.
3. Improve the knowledge, professional, cultural, social and language experience through the all partners of the project ( organisations and volunteers ). Upgrade the potential of social community in Milicz as a natural recipients of the results during realisation of our project.
4. Expand chances on the labour market of volunteers and disabled people to find the work due to unique skills, experiences and the knowledge gained during their participation it the project.
5. Create friendly relationships based on respect and trust among the citizens of foreign countries
6. Gain of international potential of organizations
Milickie Stowarzyszenie Przyjaciół Dzieci i Osób Niepełnosprawnych
It is one of the biggest associations in Poland, they are working with EVS volunteers from 5 years. You will be working with disabled kids from 3 to 18 years- they are in different age groups. You will be working there with four other EVS volunteers. Main tasks are helping teachers and workers of Association in taking care and playing with disabled kids. There are different groups- based on age and level of disability and every group have different schedule. Please contact us for more details.
Project will take place in Milicz, Poland. Your activities should start in April and will last for 7 months.
Milicz is a small town in Lower Silesia region, we are heart of Dolina Baryczy Valley- beautiful region of Poland, full of forrest, ponds and animals. At this moment, our organization is coordinating activities of 10 volunteers hosted by 4 organizations in Milicz.
You will be accommodated in flat with 2 or 3 other volunteers, every one have separated bedroom, common kitchen and bathroom. Every flat have WiFi connection.
In Milicz there is no local transport that’s why every volunteer receives bike for duration of the project. You can use it as a substitute of local transport and also as a way of spending your free time.
You can find more info about region here:
Support and money
During your stay you will have mentor’s support and coordinator organization according to European Voluntary Chart and Erasmus+ guide. You can find them on Erasmus+ website of your country or you can write to us- firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you. Of course you will received them printed on the first day of your stay in Poland.
We are paying monthly 85EUR of pocket money, with money for food it is 750PLN. We are paying it monthly via bank transfer. Every volunteer for his/ her stay in Milicz receive own bank account with debit card.
1. Collecting CV and motivation letters,
2. Contact with chosen people via Skype
3. Decission made by coordinating organization and hosting organization.
4. Paper stuff- insurance, activity agreements
5. buying tickets
6. Start of activities
Please send your CV and motivation letters to email@example.com
You can contact with us also on Facebook- http://facebook.com/mobilnipolacy for more details of the project
Other important information
Also, in your motivation letter please answer for this three questions, they will help you take the right decision:
1. Are you ready to work with disabled children and perfectly healthy but sometimes annoying teenagers?
2. Are you aware that your project will take 7 months and start very soon. If say yes, can we be sure that you will not change your mind and stay with us till the end of project - till November this year?
3. Are you able and eager to live in small town? (Milicz has just 15 thousand citizens. We have now 10 volunteers but there is no cinema, big nghtclubs or shopping malls.)