The Eagle's Nest
Week of April 4, 2022
Happy Sunday Families!
Last week, we finished reading Fenway and Hattie as part of One School One Book. We had great participation in the various contests and activities and appreciate everyone's support as we enjoyed the book as a school community. We collected many pet donations and Ms. Fisher and Mrs. Donnelly delivered these items to the animal shelter on Friday. Kindergarten registration began Monday and report cards went home with students on Friday. Congratulations to Mrs. Heather Waters as she was selected as our school's Teacher of the Year. This weekend, our Odyssey of the Mind team traveled to the state competition in Cullowhee, NC. Although they will not attend the World competition, our students represented our school well and we are proud of their accomplishment! This Tuesday, our school will be recognized for earning the Purple Star Award, which honors our commitment to our military families.
1. Next week is Month of the Military Child Spirit Week. Students may dress according to the daily themes but must wear uniform bottoms. Monday - wear stars or shiny sparkles; Tuesday- wear red, white, and blue; Wednesday - wear camouflage; Thursday - wear your favorite superhero look; and Friday - wear purple.
2. Monday - Media Specialist Day and April Fire Drill
3. Thursday - students in K-3 will have their Spring-A-Palooza PBIS Celebration
4. Friday students in 4-5 will have their Food-A-Palooza PBIS Celebration
5. Students will be out of school for Spring Break beginning Monday, April 11 and return Tuesday, April 19.
See below for what your child is learning about in Reading this week
Click below to see CEEM in the news!
April Important Dates
4/4 Media Specialist Day
4/7 PBIS Celebration K-3
4/8 PBIS Celebration 4/5 and Eagle of the Month Breakfast
4/11-4/15 Spring Break
4/18 Teacher Workday
4/19 "Making Children Mind without Losing Yours" Parent Workshop by PEERS @ 5pm
4/20 Strategic Planning Team Meeting @ 3:15
4/22 K-1 Field Day
4/25-4/29 Administrative Professional's Week
4/28 Math Counts Competition and Birthday Party Dance
4/29 2-3 Field Day