Summerour Blue Devil Blast
Volume 2, Issue 6 - August 26, 2022
- August 27 - GCYS/Kendall Orchestra Audition @Hull MS
- August 30 - Title I Meeting & Curriculum Night
- September 2 - Progress Reports Go Home
- September 5 - Labor Day - No School
- September 16 - Digital Learning Day #1
- September 22 - Bingo for Books Family Night
- September 22 - Theatre Arts Improv Night
- September 24 - JLC @ Snellville MS
- October 5 - Progress Reports Go Home
- October 6, 7, 10 - Fall Break - No School
On Tuesdays & Thursdays, we work with students who want support in Social-Emotional Learning, STEM studies, English Language Supports, or Literacy. We make it fun, but also help with studying, grades, goal-setting, and more. This is for students who need a little extra support as they continue their learning.
Students who want to participate should make sure that they have permission to stay after school and have a ride to pick them up promptly at 6:00 p.m. Students should report to Mr. Bradshaw's room after final bus dismissal on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On their first day in SmarterMe, we will collect parent information and issue a pass so that they can keep coming.
Summerour School Council Meeting Sept. 8
If you are interested in joining the Summerour School Council for the 2022 - 2023 school year, contact Joielle Parker. The Summerour school council meets four times a year.
First Meeting: September 8, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Have You Met Our New Teachers?
3D Printing in Mr. Beck's Class
Norcross' Hispanic Heritage Celebration
Saturday, September 17
2:00 PM-6:00 PM
Summerour Middle School Parking Lot
Hispanic Heritage Month is a time in the U.S. from September 15th to October 15th that recognizes the contributions of Hispanic and Latino Americans to the country's history, heritage and culture. It also celebrates the independence days of several Latin American countries: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua on September 15th, Mexico on September 16th, Chile on September 18th and Belize on the 21st. This year, the City of Norcross is excited to join in the celebration with a first-time event - the Hispanic Heritage Celebration!
Join us on Saturday, September 17th in Norcross for festivities galore. Become immersed in the music, dances, foods, traditions and more from a variety of Hispanic countries - if you enjoyed May's Viva Mexico event and last year's Dia de los Muertos Festival, then you won't want to miss this epic convergence of cultures!
More Details at APlaceToImagine.com
A workshop for middle schoolers and their parents that begins on September 12. This workshop is only in Spanish. The name of the workshop is Familias Fuertes and is being held at Summerour Middle School.
Here are some of the tools that will be featured:
- Increase appreciation for Family
- Learn skills to guide and discipline
- Teach kids how to deal with stress & peer pressure
Drive Through Food Pantry - English
Atlanta Community Food Bank - Drive Through Food Pantry
Dacula Branch - 265 Dacula Road
September 6 & 20 starting by 10 a.m.
Lilburn Branch - 4817 Church St NW
September 13 & 27 starting by 10 a.m.
Drive Through Food Pantry - Spanish
Lettum Eat - Drive Through Meal Distribution
Buford Branch - 2100 Buford Hwy.
Five Forks Branch - 2780 Five Forks Trickum Rd.
Snellville Branch - 2740 Lenora Church Rd.
September 7, 14, 21 & 28 starting by 11 a.m.
Lawrenceville Branch 1001 Lawrenceville Hwy.
Norcross Branch 5735 Buford Hwy.
September 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 starting by 11 a.m.
*While supplies last
Need A Parent Portal Account?
Parent Portal accounts are granted only to adults listed as parents or guardians in the child's file. If you registered your child and did not register your spouse as a parent/guardian, your spouse will not be able to get a portal account.
To get a portal account, download an application off of this page, fill it out and bring it to the school with a photo ID (driver's license, passport, state-issued ID). This must be done in person, so we can verify your identity and protect your child's data.
Meet Our Counselors
We are blessed to have a veteran crew of returning counselors, all of whom have been with us for many years. You can get more information about our counselors on our website. Here are the names and photos so you can know who to ask for.
Walkers, Car Riders, and the Bus Lane
If you want to have your child be a car-rider or a walker, you must fill out our walker/rider form.
- Open and print the form image below
- Bring it in to the school to get your child on the walker/rider list
Meal Information 2022 - 2023
- GCPS offers healthy and delicious meals for our students. Due to the expiration of USDA Covid-19 waivers, students will now be charged for meals based on their individual eligibility for 2022-2023.
- Please take the time to apply for Free or Reduced Lunch for your child. You can access the 2022 - 2023 Meal Application online. New applications are required each school year.
- Breakfast Prices: $1.50 (Full Pay); $0.30 (Eligible Reduced Pay); and $0.00 (Eligible Free)
- Lunch Prices: $2.50 (Full Pay); $0.40 (Eligible Reduced Pay); and $0.00 (Eligible Free)
- Milk Only Full Pay: Breakfast and Lunch ($0.40)
Polo Shirts are Back in Stock!
Uniform dress code policy:
• Slacks and skirts should be tan, black or blue
• Shirts must be collared and light blue, dark blue, or white
• Hats and hoods are off during the school day
Please visit the Media Center if you need to purchase uniforms through the Gumdrops vendor, or if you have questions about uniforms. You are NOT required to get uniforms from the vendor.
Our Parent Center is located on our first floor, so it's easy to get to. Come check in at the front office, then use the Parent Center to volunteer, check-out resources, and get engaged!
My Payments Plus
All parents MUST go onto My Payments Plus to sign off on required documents: from Title I acknowledgements to Student Handbook Acceptance.
Of course, while you are there you can also pay for meals, pay school fees, etc., but EVERYONE must use My Payments Plus to sign off on our required documents.
- Digital Forms: Eliminate paperwork by completing forms and signing school documents online
- Meals & Autopay: Pay for meals, view cafeteria purchases, receive low balance alerts, or enroll in autopay
- Student Account Management: Gain 24/7 access to school payments & history for all your students in one place
- Products & Events: Browse products available for purchase and sign your student up for school events
Go to our Parent Resources page on the website and click on "Signing Docs & Making Payments" about 1/2 way down. You'll see a description and links for assistance.
Norcross, GA 30071