Springfield Public Schools
Human Resources Department- June 2019
Work Calendars 2019-2020
Off Work and Want to Work Explore or Know Someone Who Does?
We are still filling positions for the last week of June and during the month of July (part time and full sessions- teachers, paraprofessionals, secretaries and more). Can't commit but wouldn't mind subbing as able? Please see flyer below for additional information. For questions, contact Penmac at 417-986-7400 or Hannah Parsley (assisting with Explore placements) at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Explore Pay Days- July 10th (for 1st Session); August 12th (for 2nd Session)
Drury University for SPS Title 1 Teachers Opportunity
Please see this news from Drury University for SPS Title 1 teachers. Drury has significantly expanded a grant program that offers qualifying M.Ed. students assistance.The grants for Title 1 teachers are first-come, first-served and still limited in nature (even though the program is expanded).
The Drury and Title I Partner School grant includes:
- A 50% reduction in tuition for graduate-level courses (does not cover fees).
- Can be applied toward up to 12 credit hours per year (Aug. 1 – July 31).
- For a period of up to three years of an individual’s enrollment in the M.Ed. program.
- Toward courses that apply toward a student’s degree (does not include certification).
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Fully admitted into the Drury M.Ed. program.
- A student in good standing (i.e., not on probation).
- Currently employed full-time at a Title I school in the Springfield Public School District (list here).
Note: Awardees are expected to stay working at the Title I school for two years following completion of the degree. For more information, visit here.
Interested in School Counseling? Lindenwood University Opportunity!
Attention Southwest Area Schools
SCHOOL COUNSELING COHORT
Starting Fall 2019
Lindenwood University Springfield Site
909 East Republic Road, C-100
MA in School Counseling &
Psychological Examiner Add-On Certificate
All classes use a Hybrid Format (some seated, some online/zoom)
- MA in School Counseling is a 48hour program which leads to DESE certification as a School Counselor (choose K-12, K-8 or 7-12)
- Program Requirement:
Bachelor’s Degree 3.0 GPA or ask for exception (2.75-2.99)
- (May be in education or other fields)
- If a prospective student does not have a teaching certificate,
3 additional classes required.
- Cohort guarantees one night-two classes. Generally meets every other week with “off” week being a zoom or skype session with class/teachers.
- Cohorts take 6 hours/semester going fall, spring, summer.
- Cohort will graduate Spring 2022 after passing MEGA Counseling Test.
- Great Adjuncts with real life experience in counseling.
If you have questions or want to enroll for either program,
Wendy Linton at 417-592-7786 or
*Please see below flyers for additional information
Valid Teaching/Administrator Certificate Reminders & Advanced Degrees
- DESE Certification Information
- Be Proactive! Individuals can review when his/her certificate expires here! (Select Springfield Public Schools, Type in your name, social security number, etc.).
- If you have recently received a teaching certificate, and are in a position that does not require a teaching certification, you will be required to change from the PEERS retirement system to the PSRS retirement system. This change will be necessary from the date the certification is attained. Contact HR to update your certification information.
- If you have attained (not previously held) a Master's degree; Master's Plus 30; Specialist's degree or a 2nd Master's degree (comprised of at least 30 hours); or a Doctorate degree, submit all appropriate documentation to HR for a step on the salary schedule by one of the two designated times for a step increase- transcripts must be received by Sept. 15 or Jan. 15.