Ms. Hodges & Mrs. Pinkston
March 19th-March 23rd
Important Dates and Information
March 21st: Third Grade Field Trip to Columbia **See Notes Below**
March 21st: Riding in Style Pictures Due - Please help us create a fun bulletin board by sending a picture of your student "riding in style." Any ride will work! Please label the picture with your child's name and teacher's name so they can be returned.
March 22nd: Special Guest Reader for One School, One Book - Students can bring a healthy snack - but PLEASE NO NUTS! :)
March 27th: Field Trip to CSDA for Mr. Popper's Penguins (Rescheduled from Earlier)
March 24th: Food Truck Family Fun Day
March 30th: Field Day (Moved from March 29th)
Field Day Volunteers
Columbia Field Trip
- Trip Date: March 21st
- Students should wear their Field Trip T-Shirts.
- Students do NOT need to bring book bags or anything with them except their packed lunch if they signed up to bring one.
- We will load buses at the tardy bell that morning so please be on time. We will arrive back at 4:30 pm, so students will need afternoon transportation at that time.
- We will be visiting the State Museum and taking a guided tour of the State House.
- Lunches for this trip should be disposable (no lunch boxes, Tupperware, etc.).
Food Truck Family Fun Day
Announcements from Administration
Social Studies: This week students will continue learning about the American Civil War. We will begin wrapping up our study this week to prepare for a test next week. We are so excited to see all that we have learned come to life in Columbia tomorrow! :)
Math: This week, we will continue our study of fractions. We will look at more fractions on a number line and begin comparing fractions. We moved the quiz from last week to this Tuesday so we could spend more time on fraction vocabulary and naming fractions.
Science: This week we will begin our study of magnets. Students will make predictions on what objects they think will be magnetic, and we will test these objects. We also begin investigations with electromagnets.