- symbol is N
- atomic number is 7
- atomic weight is 14.0067
- periodic group number 15
- periodic period number 2
- Discovered by Daniel Rutherford
- In 1772
- In Scottland
Nitrogen is used in...
What is it like?
- gas or liquid
Biology- NItrogen and Humans
- The Nitrogen cycle is very important in nature
- Nitrogen is one of the key component in proteins
Geology- Nitrogen and the Universe
- Nitrogen makes up 78% of the earths atmosphere in volume
- The atmosphere of Mars contains less than 3% of Nitrogen
density is 1026 kg
boiling point is 77.36
- Nitrogen is so inert it was named Azote which means "without life"
- when heated it combines directly with Magnesium, Lithium, and Calcium