PHT Paws-itively News
Week of September 11th, 2022
TRANSLATE THIS NEWSLETTER INTO ANOTHER LANGUAGE! ¡TRADUCIENDO ESTE BOLETÍN A OTRO IDIOMA! TRADUZIR ESTA NEWSLETTER PARA OUTRO IDIOMA! 将此时事通讯翻译成另一种语言! បកប្រែព្រឹត្តិបត្រព័ត៌មាននេះជាភាសាផ្សេង! TRANSLATE THIS NEWSLETTER INTO ANOTHER LANGUAGE!
At the right side of this newsletter there is a translation button, click and pick your language and the newsletter will be transformed!
Aqui está como!
No lado direito desta newsletter existe um botão de tradução, clique e escolha o seu idioma e a newsletter será transformada!
¡Así es cómo!
En el lado derecho de este boletín hay un botón de traducción, haga clic y elija su idioma y el boletín se transformará.
នៅផ្នែកខាងស្តាំនៃព្រឹត្តិបត្រព័ត៌មាននេះមានប៊ូតុងបកប្រែ សូមចុច និងជ្រើសរើសភាសារបស់អ្នក ហើយព្រឹត្តិបត្រព័ត៌មាននឹងត្រូវបានផ្លាស់ប្តូរ!
Dear Page Hilltop Families:
WE ARE BACK and excited to be here for your children! We are looking forward to a very exciting school year and many opportunities to go "live" with school events and celebrate the wonderful school community we have always enjoyed.
Maintaining consistent and effective lines of communication, between school and home, is one of the most effective ways to ensure your child's school success. Each week you will receive this SMORES electronic newsletter. We hope that you enjoy reading about all the enriching learning that happens, each and every day, at Page Hilltop.
Thanks, as always, for sharing your children with us!
Fred Deppe, Principal
Matt Lutinski, Assistant Principal
SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER DATES TO REMEMBER:
September 12th -- First Day of School (Preschool)
September 14th -- 90-minute Early Release (Preschool-12)
September 28th -- Welcome Back Family Picnic & Open House
October 6th -- PTO Meeting (7:00pm)
October 10th -- No School (Indigenous Peoples Day)
October 12th -- 90-minute Early Release (Preschool-12)
October 19th -- 1/2 Day (Preschool-12)
October 24th -- Progress Reports
WELCOME SRO MICHAEL NICOLO
My name is Michael Nicolo. I am the new School Resource Officer for the Town of Ayer. I was born and raised in Saugus, Ma. I am the youngest child out of my siblings. My mother is a nurse and my father is a special education teacher. Growing up, I focused the majority of my time on playing team sports. I was the captain of my high school football and baseball teams during my senior year. I attended Curry College after high school. I received a Bachelor of Arts Degree with a major in Criminal Justice and double minored in Politics & History and English. I also played football in a championship program, and one of the teams was inducted into the Curry College Hall of Fame this past year.
I graduated from the Boylston Police Academy in 2014. I joined the Ayer Police Department in 2018. I gained knowledge and experience from my past departments over the years prior to Ayer. I have received numerous trainings in all aspects of law enforcement and will continue to attend them if it benefits the children.
I am a husband and a father of two young boys ages 5 and 2. I have two dogs that are also my children.
School Resource Officer Michael Nicolo
FIRST DAYS OF SCHOOL
WELCOME TO OUR NEW KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
Kindergarten Orientation - September 1st
Preschool Orientation - September 9th
NEWS FROM OUR SCHOOL ADJUSTMENT COUNSELORS
OPEN HOUSE & PICNIC
Mark your calendar for the evening of Wednesday, September 28th!
All Page Hilltop families are invited to assemble on the front lawns (next to the cafeteria) to enjoy a family meal and meet other families & school staff. Families should bring their own meals with them. At 6:30 you are cordially invited to enter the school for the Open House.
- 4:30-5:30 Classroom Open House with students / Parent presentation @ 6:30
- 5:30-6:30 Family Picnic on the front lawn
Grades K-5 Open-House:
- 5:30-6:30 Family Picnic on the front lawn
- 6:30-8:00 Classroom Open House
ENTRANCE & DISMISSAL TIMES
- All students should arrive between 8:25 - 8:40 am
- Students should not exit vehicles prior to 8:25 when school staff come out
- All vehicles should stay in a single line and proceed safely through the drop-zone
- Parents do not need to exit their vehicles
- Parents may also choose to park in the lower lot by the cafe and walk their child up
- If a parent needs to enter the school for any reason, please park in one of the spaces alongside the playground and walk to the school entrance
- It is MOST important that students are dropped off prior to 8:40 so they are not tardy and missing out on the start of the day
PM DISMISSAL / PARENT PICK-UPS:
- All students will be dismissed beginning at 3:15
- Parents should drive up, in a single line, and wait their turn for school staff to direct students to the appropriate vehicles
- Please display a sign in your front windshield with your child's name & teacher
- After you have your child(ren) on board, please exit the area in a slow & safe manner
- Parents also have the option of parking in the lower lots and walking up to meet their children
- Parents should NOT come to the office and ask to have their child dismissed early
NOTE: Any change in your child's transportation status (bus vs parent pick-up) should be shared with both your child's teacher and our front office (x1401, x1402) as early as possible during the day.
STUDENT INFORMATION: ALL parents are also asked to return the paper form that provides us with all of the important student/family information we need to keep in the office. We want to be able to reach parents, and other contacts in times of need.
10th ANNUAL DANCE FOR KINDNESS - TAKE PART IN THIS GLOBAL EVENT
Registration for this event will be coming out soon!
If any of our family members would like to help out as dance instructors, please contact Mr. Deppe
PAWS POWER Student Leadership Team
Application packets went home on Friday. All interested students should return their applications to Mr. Deppe by Friday. September 16th.
PAGE HILLTOP GOES BACK TO SOCIAL DINING
Upcoming PTO activities / events: Opening meeting: Thursday, October 6th @ 7:00 pm
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THIS INITIAL MEETING OF THE PAGE HILLTOP PTO - there will be:
* Informative Discussions
* Opportunities to connect with other families
* A chance for you to share your voice on how to keep our school awesome
* Entertainment for the children - childcare provided by high school students
* Fun Raffle Prizes
* Interesting Guest Speakers
PTO Website -- LINK
PTO Facebook Page -- Link
Are you an Amazon shopper?
Did you know just by shopping with smileamazon.com you can help support PH!?
Create a FREE SMILE ACCOUNT and link it to Page Hilltop.
Share with family and friends so they can help support PH too!
YES, Page Hilltop can still earn with Box Tops! CLICK HERE to learn more about Box Tops for Education.
SCRIPS YEAR ROUND
The PHT PTO scrip program is a simple and effective fundraising program.
Please email Amanda Lewis at email@example.com with any questions regarding the Scrip Program.
Go to: https://www.shopwithscrip.com/how-to-enroll and click Join Your Existing Program
1. Enter the Enrollment Code: 298736BL13535
2. Complete the Family Registration page
3. Start Shopping!