Friday, September 16th
From the Principals' Offices
It's been another awesome week at Brookwood! Our 6th graders enjoyed two extended days at Camp Wonderland! They had an amazing time traveling through various stations to engage in outdoor education activities from fishing to owl pellet exploration to frisbee golf! Boys and Girls Softball is also in full "swing" (pun intended). We enjoyed our first home game this week vs. Wheatland, and came away with a couple of B Team victories - way to go, Mustangs! Middle School Cross Country is also up and running (yes - another intentional pun)! It has been great to see the kids enjoying the sunshine while getting in some cardio! And, at BES it's all about dots! Brookwood K- 3 artists celebrated DOT DAY in Mrs, Horak's art room! This is a global celebration of creativity, courage, and collaboration inspired by the book "The Dot" by Peter H. Reynolds. Students used various media to create art using dots!
That's not all, Mustangs! There are several amazing events coming up here at Brookwood starting with our Family Bike Ride TOMORROW! We hope you'll join us in this fun activity. Not yet registered? No problem! You can register onsite, starting at 8:45am. Read on for more details. And, don't forget! The last day to order your Mustang Spiritwear is Sunday, September 18th! Click the button below to place your order!
Have a great weekend, Mustangs!
Principal, BES &
- 9/17 - Family Bike Ride 9-12am @BMS
- 9/19 - Cross Country Meet 4pm @ Salem
- 9/19 - School Board Meeting 6pm @BMS
- 9/20 - Boys and Girls Softball Game 4pm @ Riverview
- 9/21 - Cross Country Meet 4pm @ Union Grove
- 9/22 - Boys and Girls Softball Game 4pm @ Lakewood
- 9/23 - Cross Country Meet 4pm @ Badger
- 9/23 - Glow Run 7pm @BMS
- 9/26 - Community Yoga 6-7pm @BES
- 9/27 - Boys and Girls Softball Game 4-6pm @ Trevor-Wilmot
- 9/27 - Pound Fitness Class, 5:30-6:30pm @BMS
- 9/27 - GCJ2 Fitness Room open 6-8pm @BMS
- 9/27 - Community--Lions' Club 7-8:30pm @BMS
- 9/28 - Cross-Country Meet 4pm @ Trevor-Wilmot
- 9/29 - GCJ2 Fitness Room open 6-8pm @ BMS
9/30 - Gold Walk 1pm @BMS
Family Bike Ride: September 17th
Glow Run:September 23rd!
Gold Walk: September 30th
6th Grade goes to Camp Wonderland!
FROM THE CLASSROOM...
What's Happening in Miss Flood's Class?
What's Happening in Mr. Gunnip's Class?
From the Athletic Director...
We had a great first week of Brookwood softball! The Mustangs played hard, and both B teams pulled off wins against Wheatland! Cross Country has three meets next week: Monday at Salem, Wednesday at Union Grove, and Friday at Badger. Softball has two games next week: Tuesday at Riverview and Thursday at Lakewood.
I am still looking for student volunteers who would like to take a leadership role in school spirit! If you are interested in being a Super Fan and helping to plan pep rallies, participating in athletic announcements/game recaps, or creating locker decorations, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by my classroom.
OLD NEWS, BUT GOOD NEWS...
MAP Testing Begins at BMS!
In the coming weeks, all BMS students will take a MAP® Growth™ test. MAP is an online test that measures student achievement and growth in the areas of reading, language usage, and math. All BMS students in grades 4-7 take this test triannually, and students in grade 8 take it biannually. Teachers use the data generated by MAP to individualize student learning by planning for appropriate academic interventions and enrichments for students. For additional information regarding the MAP test, please visit: www.nwea.org and select “Family Resources.”
We will look forward to reviewing your child’s Fall MAP test results at Parent/Teacher Conferences in October.
Please feel free to reach out for any additional questions.
Brookwood Clothing Closet
BES & BMS School Morning Entry Procedures
Thank you in advance for helping us to keep our students safe by observing the following drop off guidelines:
Enter the parking lot through the south entrance.
Pull your vehicle all the way up so as to line up in a single file line alongside the curb.
Be mindful of cars behind you! During drop off, release your student from your vehicle as soon as you pull up to the curb, then exit the lot from the north entrance. Do not park and wait.
Please do not at any time exit the line of cars. Weaving in and out of the line poses a safety concern for students leaving the building on foot or on their bike.
Drive slowly, and pay close attention while driving in the parking lot.
If your child bikes or walks to school, please know that teachers will not be outside to supervise until 7:25am. Doors to the building will open promptly at 7:30am.
- The BES doors will open at 8:20.
- School Day starts at 8:30.
- We ask if parents are walking their children to the door, please park in street parking. Yellow curb sections are for drop off only.
- Help us keep kids safe by driving slow and show caution as students and pedestrians cross. We will have two crossing guards to assist with street crossing at the corners.
- We do not have supervision outside prior to 8:20.